Tanglewood is a 10-acre site on Spring Creek, west of Taft Hill Road co-managed with City of Fort Collins Stormwater Utility. This small pocket of green space renews people and wildlife alike. Visitors may enjoy the birds that forage through the downed wood, shrubs, and vines as well those that use a small pond. A pair of red-tailed hawks has nested on the site.
A small pond is great for wildlife viewing
Public access will be available from the Spring Creek Trail
Visitors will enjoy the birds that forage through the downed wood, shrubs, and vines
Public access is available from the Spring Creek Trail, about 1/4 mile west of Taft Hill Road.
Nearest parking is at Drake/Taft Hill Road (shopping area). Trail access from the Spring Creek Trail.
Events and Activities#
- Free educational activities and events in June-October are listed in the Natural Areas Explorer booklet guide.
- Last minute activity additions, trail recommendations and events offered between November-May are in our free monthly electronic newsletter- sign up on this page.
- Check out the Natural Areas Learning Library for some great self-guided activities.
- Know before you go safety and recreation information.
- Special people have volunteered to take an active role in the stewardship of natural areas by doing monthly litter pick-ups. You can join the fun and adopt a natural area, too!
- Plant List for Tanglewood Natural Area. Volunteers were critical in making the list possible, thank you!
- Bird Checklist- Courtesy of Fort Collins Audubon Society