Tanglewood is a 10-acre site on Spring Creek, west of Taft Hill Road co-managed with City of Fort Collins Stormwater Utility. This small pocket of green space renews people and wildlife alike. Visitors may enjoy the birds that forage through the downed wood, shrubs, and vines as well those that use a small pond. A pair of red-tailed hawks has nested on the site.
Public access is available from the Spring Creek Trail, about 1/4 mile west of Taft Hill Road.
5:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Nearest parking is at Drake/Taft Hill Road (shopping area). Trail access from the Spring Creek Trail.
Events and Activities
- Free educational activities and events in June-October are listed in the Tracks & Trails booklet guide.
- Last minute activity additions, trail recommendations and events offered between November-May are in our free monthly electronic newsletter- sign up on this page.
- Free educational programs at Tanglewood Natural Area are available for groups by request, call the Master Naturalist Program at 970-224-6118 or email YWNobGVibmlrQGZjZ292LmNvbQ== .
- Know before you go safety and recreation information.
- Tanglewood Natural Area is available for adoption! By picking up litter, volunteer adopters enhance habitat for wildlife and native plants while increasing fellow visitors' enjoyment.
- Plant List for Tanglewood Natural Area. Volunteers were critical in making the list possible, thank you! Questions or list additions? Please email Y3N0cm91c2VAZmNnb3YuY29t .