Spin cash cards now available at FC Moves
Purchase a Spin cash card at FC Moves, 200 W Mountain. Call (970) 416-2040 or email email@example.com for an appointment.
Spin: E-Bike and E-Scooter Share#
Fort Collins selected Spin to operate the e-bike and e-scooter share program in July 2021. Download the app to check out a vehicle and start your trip.
- How does it work?
- Download the Spin app on your smartphone.
- No smartphone? Check out Spin Access! (See below for more information.)
- Enter your payment information.
- No credit card? Check out Spin Access! (See below for more information.)
- Fill your Spin Wallet or buy a 1-hour, 1-day, or 1-week pass.
- Use the map in the app to find an e-scooter or e-bike near you.
- Follow the instructions in the app to start your ride and end your ride.
- If you had a problem during your ride, note the vehicle number and report it in the app. Spin will refund charges incurred incorrectly and may reward you with ride credits for reporting problems.
- Download the Spin app on your smartphone.
- What if I don't have a smart phone, a credit card, or need a reduced rate?
If you don't have a credit card, you may purchase Spin Cash cards in person with cash at 409 Delozier Dr, Unit B, Fort Collins, CO 80524, Monday - Friday 10 AM - 2 PM. The minimum purchase amount is $10. Spin Cash cards are also available at FC Moves, 200 W Mountain Ave., by appointment (contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (970) 416-2040).
If you don't have a smartphone, purchase Spin Cash cards in person and follow the instructions to unlock and lock your ride with text messages.
Eligible residents can receive discounted rates through Spin Access by providing proof of income or enrollment in city, state, or federally funded programs such as the SNAP/EBT, Health First Colorado (Medicaid), TANF, WIC, or HUD Housing Choice Vouchers. Discounted rates are 50 cents to unlock the device and 10 cents per minute (rates may change).
- What if I can't ride a Spin e-bike or e-scooter because of disability?
Spin has an adaptive bike delivery program for anyone who can't ride the e-bikes or e-scooters. Request an adaptive bike (trike, recumbent trike, or handcycle) via webform, text 970-387-2799, or email email@example.com. Spin staff will deliver the device to the requested location and riders can check out the adaptive bikes at no cost.
- What if I want to ride with other people?
Want to take visitors on a ride and not sure there will be enough Spin e-bikes or e-scooters near you? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let them know how many, what type, what day, and the location.
You can use the Group Ride feature to rent up to 5 e-scooters on the same account. (This feature is not yet available for e-bikes.)
- How much does it cost?
To ride a Spin, it costs $1 to unlock an e-bike or e-scooter and 33 cents per minute.
You might also consider a pass. The prices and structure may change, so check your app for the most current.
- If your ride is longer than 15 minutes, try the 1-hour pass for $5.99.
- 24-hour pass: $11.99, unlimited number of trips up to 75 minutes total
- 7-day pass: $25.99, unlimited number of trips up to 140 minutes total
- 30-day unlock pass: $1.99
Rates may change.
- How do I request removal of an e-bike or e-scooter, report incorrect charges, or other problems?
To contact Spin, text 970-387-2799 or email email@example.com. Reasons to contact Spin include:
- Request an e-bike or e-scooter be removed
- Report incorrect charges
- Report a problem with an e-bike or e-scooter
- Report an incident
- Request an adaptive bike
- Request information about Spin Access
- What are the rules?
- E-bikes and e-scooters are limited to 15 mph.
- E-scooters are geofenced out of paved trails, except Mason Trail from Prospect to Laurel (this segment is under Streets management, the rest under Parks management). The motor will cut out and an alarm will sound if you are on a geofenced trail.
- E-bikes and e-scooters are not allowed on soft-surface or dirt paths like those in natural areas.
- E-bikes and e-scooters are geofenced out of certain areas, like the dismount zone in Downtown Fort Collins and the Foothills Mall property.
- E-bikes and e-scooters are not allowed on Transfort city buses. Transfort passengers may bring personal scooters onboard buses if the scooter can be folded. The scooter must remain folded while on board the vehicle and placed in front of the passenger or under the seat. Scooters must not block aisles, exits or otherwise empty seating. They must also not encroach into other passenger areas or personal space.
Report a Safety Concern#
We would like to know if you've experienced a near-miss or a safety concern related to electric bikes or electric scooters in Fort Collins or on CSU’s campus. Please report this information through Access Fort Collins.
If you have been involved in a crash or if this is an emergency, please contact Fort Collins Police Services. If it is an emergency, please call 911.
Check out our Spin Data Portal to view data on:
- Total trips
- Total distance
- Average trip speed
- Average vehicles
- Trip heat map
The monthly report has additional data:
- # and % of Spin Access trips
- Hours riding
- Emissions avoided
- # of trips by day of week
- # of trips by hour of day
2022 Annual Report#
Read the report of Spin's first year in Fort Collins. This report was provided to City Council December 2022.
2022: What do riders think of Spin? FC Moves and Spin conducted a survey of riders in October 2022. Read the 2022 survey summary here.
2021: What do people think of Spin? FC Moves and Spin conducted a survey of riders and non-riders in November 2021. Read the 2021 survey summary here.