Bike/Scooter Parking Boxes
Want to know more about bike/scooter parking boxes, how they work, and why they're being installed?
Spin: E-Bike and E-Scooter Share#
- Download the Spin app on your smartphone.
- No smartphone? Check out Spin Access! (See below for more information.)
- Enter your payment information.
- No credit card? Check out Spin Access! (See below for more information.)
- Fill your Spin Wallet or buy a 1-hour, 1-day, or 1-week pass.
- Use the map in the app to find an e-scooter or e-bike near you.
- Follow the instructions in the app to start your ride and end your ride.
- If you had a problem during your ride, note the vehicle number and report it in the app. Spin will refund charges incurred incorrectly and may reward you with ride credits for reporting problems.
- Download the Spin app on your smartphone.
If you don't have a credit card, you may purchase Spin Cash cards in person with cash at 409 Delozier Dr, Unit B, Fort Collins, CO 80524, Monday - Friday 10 AM - 2 PM. The minimum purchase amount is $10. Spin Cash cards are also available at FC Moves, 200 W Mountain Ave., by appointment (contact email@example.com or call (970) 416-2040).
If you don't have a smartphone, purchase Spin Cash cards in person and follow the instructions to unlock and lock your ride with text messages.
Eligible residents can receive discounted rates through Spin Access by providing proof of income or enrollment in city, state, or federally funded programs such as the SNAP/EBT, Health First Colorado (Medicaid), TANF, WIC, or HUD Housing Choice Vouchers. Discounted rates are 50 cents to unlock the device and 10 cents per minute (rates may change). You can easily sign up for Spin Access through GetFoCo.
Spin has an adaptive bike delivery program for anyone who can't ride the e-bikes or e-scooters. Request an adaptive bike (trike, recumbent trike, or handcycle) via webform, text 970-387-2799, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Spin staff will deliver the device to the requested location and riders can check out the adaptive bikes at no cost.
Want to take visitors on a ride and not sure there will be enough Spin e-bikes or e-scooters near you? Email email@example.com and let them know how many, what type, what day, and the location.
You can use the Group Ride feature to rent up to 5 e-scooters on the same account. (This feature is not yet available for e-bikes.)
The regular rate is $1 to unlock an e-bike or e-scooter and 33 cents per minute. Pass prices and structures may change, so check your app for the most current!
You might also consider a pass:
- 3-day Unlock Pass: $0.99
- Semester Unlock Pass: $5.99
- 60-Minute Pass: $6.99, unlimited number of trips up to 60 minutes total over three days
If you need a discount, sign up for Spin Access through GetFoCo.
To contact Spin, text 970-387-2799 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact Spin to:
- Request an e-bike or e-scooter be removed
- Report incorrect charges
- Report a problem with an e-bike or e-scooter
- Report an incident
- Request an adaptive bike
- Request information about Spin Access
- E-bikes are limited to 20 mph and e-scooters are limited to 15 mph. In slow zones, the limit is 8 mph.
- E-scooters are geofenced out of paved trails, except Mason Trail from Drake to Laurel (this segment is under Streets management, the rest under Parks management). The motor will cut out and an alarm will sound if you are on a geofenced trail. E-bikes are limited to 15 mph on paved trails.
- E-bikes and e-scooters are not allowed on soft-surface or dirt paths like those in natural areas.
- E-bikes and e-scooters are geofenced out of certain areas, like the dismount zone in Downtown Fort Collins and the Foothills Mall property.
- E-bikes and e-scooters are not allowed on Transfort city buses. Transfort passengers may bring personal scooters onboard buses if the scooter can be folded. The scooter must remain folded while on board the vehicle and placed in front of the passenger or under the seat. Scooters must not block aisles, exits or otherwise empty seating. They must also not encroach into other passenger areas or personal space.
Spin cash cards now available at FC Moves
Purchase a Spin cash card at FC Moves, 200 W Mountain. Call (970) 416-2040 or email email@example.com for an appointment.
Do you know how to park?#
Do you know how to park Spin bikes and scooters? Take this short quiz, learn how to avoid penalties for improper parking, and earn $5 ride credit! Use the email associated with your Spin account to receive ride credit.
Report a Safety Concern#
We would like to know if you've experienced a near-miss or a safety concern related to electric bikes or electric scooters in Fort Collins or on CSU’s campus. Please report this information through Access Fort Collins.
If you have been involved in a crash or if this is an emergency, please contact Fort Collins Police Services. If it is an emergency, please call 911.
Check out our Spin Data Portal to view data on:
- Total trips
- Total distance
- Average trip speed
- Average vehicles
- Trip heat map
The monthly report has additional data:
- # and % of Spin Access trips
- Hours riding
- Emissions avoided
- # of trips by day of week
- # of trips by hour of day
2022 Annual Report#
Read the report of Spin's first year in Fort Collins. This report was provided to City Council December 2022.
2022: What do riders think of Spin? FC Moves and Spin conducted a survey of riders in October 2022. Read the 2022 survey summary here.
2021: What do people think of Spin? FC Moves and Spin conducted a survey of riders and non-riders in November 2021. Read the 2021 survey summary here.