Contact Information Contact Information
FCBikes Momentum E-newsletter FCBikes Momentum E-newsletter
Bicycle Friendly Driver - Online Course
Discuss traffic safety laws and responsibilities for both cyclists and motorists, shared responsibilities, and how to avoid crashes or conflicts. This class addresses:
- Why sharing the road is the safest alternative for both motorists and bicyclists
- What's legal and what's not legal, for both motorists and bicyclists
- Common crashes and how to avoid them
- Why bicyclists "take the lane" and what motorists should do in response
- How to navigate bicycle related infrastructure such as: sharrows, bike boxes, and green lanes
Earn a Bicycle Friendly Driver certification upon completion of the course.
Next class August 18
Want to incorporate bicycling into you everyday life? This class can help you get rolling! Learn tips for riding safely and legally on the streets and trails. We'll talk about green paint, common crash types and how to avoid them, and even what to wear and what bike to ride in our comprehensive class!
Next Class August 26
Bike Maintenance Resources
Is your bicycle not running as smoothly as you's like? Don't let that stop you from riding. You can perform basic bike maintenance at home. Here are some online resources to help you get your bike up and running:
- REI - Chain and Drive Train Maintenance
- Park Tool - How to Fix a Flat Tire on a Bicycle
- Park Tool - How to Patch an Inner Tube
- Park Tool - How to Remove and Install a Wheel on a Bicycle
- Park Tool - How to Remove and Install a Bicycle Tire & Tube
Bike shops are an essential service, so if you need professional help to get your bicycle up and running, reach out to your local bike shop.
Bike Buddy Program
Need help learning the ins and outs of bicycle commuting? Whatever your situation,
a Bike Buddy can help get you bicycling to work, school or wherever you’re heading.
Back on the Bike Tips
Has it been awhile since you've ridden your bike? Looking for tips to help you get back in the saddle? The League of American Bicyclists has a great resource page to help you get rolling.
Safe Riding and Driving Tips
- Safe and lawful riding
- Driving tips: sharing the road with bicyclists
- Traffic law highlights
Safe Routes to School Online Learning Resources
The Safe Routes to School Program has a resource page to support at-home learning by local Fort Collins students. The resources are designed for use by elementary, middle-school, and high-school students.
2019 Bike Map
- See the City's low stress bicycle network
- Great for route planning
- Learn valuable safety tips
Tips from the League of American Bicyclists
- Helmet fit
- ABC Quick Check
- Trail etiquette
- Bike comfort
CDOT's Colorado Bicycling Manual
- Colorado bicycling laws
- Safety tips
- Bicycling FAQs