Learn to Ride
Bike Fixn' Series
Bicycle Friendly Driver course
In this comprehensive new, in-person class, we will cover all things e-bike, including the different types of e-bikes and their parts, where you can ride where you can't, how to fix a flat, and the benefits of riding an e-bike. You'll also get some information about our new Bike Share fleet of e-bikes!
- When: July 27 from 6 to 7:15 pm
- Where: 222 Laporte Ave., Colorado Room
Smart Cycling - Road Rules#
Part 1 of a two part series - Learn how to ride safely and legally in traffic or on trails. Discuss rules of the road related to cycling, how to conduct bicycle safety checks and how to fit and wear a helmet. Note: this is a lecture style class. Bikes not required.
- When: August 3 from 5:30 to 9 pm
- Where: 222 Laporte Ave.
Smart Cycling - Road Skills#
Part 2 of a two part series - Learn how to conduct bike safety checks and on-bike handling skills to build confidence for riding with traffic on trails and roads. Practice bicycle handling skills in a parking lot before utilizing those skills on a ride on city multi-use trails and streets. Note: Bicycles and helmets required and can be provided if needed.
- When: August 7 from 8 am to 12 pm
- Where: Walk and Wheel Skills Hub
Bike Maintenance 1#
This class will be in-person, located at Washington Park (weather dependent). Students are encouraged to bring their own bicycle, but it is not required. The instructor will be reaching out prior to the class with details.
In this intro to bicycle mechanics class we will focus on maintenance that can easily be done at home to keep your bike happy. We will cover the following topics:
- Basic Bike Anatomy- review and learn all the basic parts of a bicycle.
- Standard tools for at home repairs- we've come up with a top 10 list of tools needed to work on your bike at home.
- Fix a flat- this is the #1 at home repair. Learn how to fix a flat for your bike, either tubed or tubeless, or offer tips for your fellow students if you have a tried and true method.
- Drivetrain maintenance - cleaning your bike, lubrication, chain wear.
- Using barrel adjusters to improve performance for brakes and shifters.
Students that complete the class will receive a free pair of tire levers or patch kit!
- When: August 24 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm
- Where: Washington Park