Small Business Recovery Grants now OPEN!
¡Ya están DISPONIBLES las Subvenciones de recuperación para pequeñas empresas!
Making the Best of Construction#
You've learned construction is coming, what do you do?
Be pro-active. Communicate. Collaborate.
The Construction Toolkit has been created as a helpful resource for our community based business owners during public or private construction projects.
In the Toolkit you will be able to:
- Get fresh ideas from other businesses who managed successfully through construction projects.
- Create your success plan for managing construction impacts in your area using the resources found in the Construction Toolkit.
While you are undergoing construction, we want you to be as successful as possible which is why we created this Toolkit, to improve the process for our business partners.
Have Questions About Which Licenses & Permits You Need for Your Business?
Our Business Licenses & Permits FAQ's will help guide you through required licenses and permits to operate your business based on industry type.
Supporting Fort Collins Business - #ForFortCollins#
Tell the Community how you are #ForFortCollins - Use the ForFortCollins Social Post Creator to generate customized #ForFortCollins and #ForFoCo social media posts! All you have to do is customize, download and post to share how you can be #ForFortCollins.
Check out these tools and resources created to help you gain support from loyal customers and community members while ensuring their health and safety through physical distancing.
For the Community:
Attention community champions: Fort Collins is counting on you! Check out these marketing resources to guide you while you rally behind local business owners and organizations, so they can come back stronger than before!
Visit ForFortCollins.com to learn more ways to help your favorite local businesses!
NoCo Recovers - One-stop Shop for Business Recovery Information#
The new NoCo Recovers website is a one-stop shop for business recovery information in Northern Colorado. NoCoRecovers.com provides a single source of up-to-date information on potential funding resources available to support Northern Colorado's business community, including regular updates on the CARES Act's Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDLs) and the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). The website also features a COVID-19 Business Resource Hub, where businesses can easily sort through resources based on industry, geography and type of need.
The City of Fort Collins is launching temporary outdoor dining expansions for restaurant and bars, which temporarily allows restaurants, bars, and retail businesses to expand their business footprint onto the public rights-of-way. Businesses must apply for, and be approved to use additional public space.
- Fort Collins has created a temporary program to expand options for restaurants and bars to operate in outdoor patio settings adjacent to their businesses.
- The intent of the program is to allow for greater social distancing and safety for bar and restaurant‐goers when public health orders allow restaurants and bars to resume sit‐down service.
- To gauge interest, Fort Collins has created an application for businesses for the City to review.
- Final rules and regulations are in development. Under this program, Fort Collins would consider allowing businesses to expand existing patio space or establish new outdoor areas, potentially including parking lots, sidewalks, street parking spaces, and possibly closing select streets to expand outdoor operating areas. The City would maintain ADA access at all times.
- All outdoor seating must be spaced at least six feet apart.
- It is strongly encouraged to test workforce for COVID-19.
- Use single-use paper menus, condiments, etc.
- Provide easily accessible sanitizing options for patrons and employees.
- It is strongly encouraged to implement contact-less ordering and payment processes.
- All restaurants are encouraged to use a reservation system to prevent capacity issues and patrons from congregating while waiting for service.
- Facial coverings must be worn by all staff members.
- Request facial covering of customers when not eating or drinking (i.e., walking past other tables to be seated and/or using restroom).
- Floor markings for traffic control and waiting queue space is highly recommended.
- Limit contact with dining guests by reducing the number of visits wait staff make to each table.
- Maintain ADA access at all times in the public right-of-way.
Find a list of Frequently Asked Questions here.
Outdoor Winter Dining: As winter is approaching, and outdoor dining becomes chillier, we expect tents and heaters to be added to both permanent and temporary outdoor dining spaces.
- To add heaters to your spaces please fill out a PFA permit here: https://www.poudre-fire.org/online-services/contractors-plan-reviews-and-permits/ast-ust-permit-application
- For tents over 400 square feet, or general tent questions, please contact Justin Moinester firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review the Winter Outdoor Dining Guidance.
COVID-19 Updates & Information#
The public health order requiring masks in public indoor spaces expired Saturday, February 12, 2022. This means businesses are no longer required to post signage requiring masks. The Larimer County Health Department has made signs available here for those who would like to encourage masks in their facilities.
Utilities Pandemic Assistance
Business customers may request financial assistance for past-due bills from Fort Collins Utilities.
- Apply early. Funds are limited, and applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Approved funds will be applied directly to your account as a bill credit within seven business days.
- One account is allowed per application. If your business has multiple accounts, you are welcome to submit multiple applications.
- Call 970-212-2900 if you cannot complete the application online.
How to get vaccinated
The Larimer County Department of Health & Environment (LCDHE) has a webpage dedicated to helping residents find information about COVID-19 vaccination and register for an appointment at www.larimer.org/covidvaccine. Individuals may also call LCDHE at 970-498-5500 for assistance scheduling an appointment. Phone assistance is available in English and Spanish.
We will continue to share new City information. Please email the Economic Health Office at email@example.com with any business related questions.
Doing Business in Fort Collins
A roadmap to help walk you through everything you need to know about starting a business in Fort Collins from selecting a location to sales tax, utilities and more.
Economic Health Office
Development, industry, funding and information about EHO
Multicultural Business & Entrepreneur Center (MBEC)
Helping you and your business. / Para ayudarle a usted y a su negocio.
The Fort Collins Urban Renewal Authority is a tool for redevelopment.
Information and resources about metro districts in Fort Collins.
Downtown General Improvement District
A tax district for funding parking, pedestrian, and street beautification improvements.
- Downtown Development Authority
- Downtown Fort Collins Creative District
- Fort Collins Area Chamber of Commerce
- Larimer County Economic Development & Workforce Center
- Larimer Small Business Development Center
- NoCo REDI (Regional Economic Development Initiative)
- Poudre River Public Library Business Center
- Innosphere Ventures - incubator program for high-tech entrepreneurs & startups
- Social & Advisory Group for Entrepreneurs (SAGE)
- SCORE (Service Corps of Retired Executives)
- Visit Fort Collins
- Work in Northern Colorado
Local Business Associations
- Campus West Merchant Association
- Fort Collins Area Chamber of Commerce
- Latino Chamber of Commerce (Boulder County)
- Midtown Business Association
- NoCo Latino Chamber of Commerce (info coming soon)
- North Fort Collins Business Association
- The River District
City of Fort Collins
- Business License and Sales Tax License
- Data & Information Requests
- Development Review Guide
- Home Occupation License
- New Business Roadmap
City Programs & Incentives
- Sustainable Business Program - Climate Wise
- Efficiency Works
- Integrated Design Assistance Program (IDAP)
- Manufacturing Equipment Use Tax Rebate Program
- Colorado Department of Revenue
- Colorado Minority Business Office
- Colorado Office of Economic Development & International Trade
- Colorado PTAC (Procurement Technical Assistance Center)
- E-Learning Free Videos to Start & Grow - also translated in Español
- Metro Denver Economic Development Corporation
- Small Business Administration: Colorado Office
- Starting a Business in Colorado
Other Programs & Incentives through the State of Colorado
- Colorado C-PACE
- Enterprise Zone Tax Credit (EZ)
- Job Growth Incentive Tax Credit
- Skill Advance Colorado Job Training Grants
- Strategic Fund Job Growth Incentive
- Advanced Industries Accelerator Program