Recording of the 2021 BUSINESS APPRECIATION CELEBRATION now available to stream!
Thank you for joining the City of Fort Collins’ 2021 Business Appreciation Celebration as we gathered virtually to speak on the topic of mental health and our business community. We believe healthy minds mean healthy business.
Thank you to our keynote Marah Lidey, CEO of Shine for her leadership, insights, and kindness. Thank you to our video participants: IOME, Colorado Cutz, La Cocina, R Bar, and Woodward for giving their time and sharing their stories with all of you. You can watch the video here.
Thank you to Just Plain ‘Ola, Café Richesse, Colorado Candy Company, ColorPockit, Golden Poppy Apothecary, Vern’s Toffee House, Horsetooth Stem & Roots Stem & Roots, and Nuance Chocolate for filling our Wellness Kits with their creations.
Para obtener más información, visite la página web de nuestro evento en español.
Business, Nonprofit, & Employee Guide for Planning & Responding to COVID-19
In challenging moments, we encourage our community to continue their support of local businesses. We need to remember to show kindness and support to our neighbors and local businesses to the best of our ability, as these connections have a major impact on the vitality of our community.
Larimer County Strongly Recommends Masks in Indoor Settings
Based on updated recommendations from Larimer County Health, masks are strongly encouraged, regardless of vaccination status, in all public indoor settings to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Per federal guidance, masks are required for everyone on public transit. Learn more
Se recomienda encarecidamente que todos usen cubrebocas en lugares cerrados
Actualización de Departamento de Salud del Condado de Larimer: se recomienda encarecidamente usar cubrebocas, independientemente de su estado de vacunación, en todos los entornos públicos cerrados para prevenir la propagación del COVID-19. Según las pautas federales, se requieren máscaras para todos en el transporte público. Aprenda más
How to get vaccinated:
The Larimer County Department of Health & Environment (LCDHE) has a webpage dedicated to helping residents find information about COVID-19 vaccination and register for an appointment at www.larimer.org/covidvaccine. Individuals may also call LCDHE at 970-498-5500 for assistance scheduling an appointment. Phone assistance is available in English and Spanish.
We will continue to share new City information. Please email the Economic Health Office at firstname.lastname@example.org with any business related questions.
Helpful resources to check out NOW:
- NoCoRecovers.com - a single source of up-to-date information on potential funding resources available to support the business, nonprofit, & workforce community of Northern Colorado
- ForFortCollins.com | Reopen Strong, Reopen Safe - a hub of education, marketing materials, and information to help the Fort Collins business and nonprofit community reopen. You'll be able to tell Fort Collins how you are #ForFortCollins – use the Social Post Creator to generate customized #ForFortCollins and #ForFoCo social media posts! All you have to do is customize, download and post to share how you and other customers are #ForFortCollins.
Supporting Fort Collins Business - #ForFortCollins#
Tell the Community how you are #ForFortCollins - Use the ForFortCollins Social Post Creator to generate customized #ForFortCollins and #ForFoCo social media posts! All you have to do is customize, download and post to share how you can be #ForFortCollins.
Check out these tools and resources created to help you gain support from loyal customers and community members while ensuring their health and safety through physical distancing.
For the Community:
Attention community champions: Fort Collins is counting on you! Check out these marketing resources to guide you while you rally behind local business owners and organizations, so they can come back stronger than before!
Visit ForFortCollins.com to learn more ways to help your favorite local businesses!
NoCo Recovers - One-stop Shop for Business Recovery Information#
The new NoCo Recovers website is a one-stop shop for business recovery information in Northern Colorado. NoCoRecovers.com provides a single source of up-to-date information on potential funding resources available to support Northern Colorado's business community, including regular updates on the CARES Act's Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDLs) and the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). The website also features a COVID-19 Business Resource Hub, where businesses can easily sort through resources based on industry, geography and type of need.
City Leniencies - COVID-19#
City Zoning suspends permitting for some temporary signs placed by essential businesses during the coronavirus outbreak.
- Contact Zoning for additional information at email@example.com or (970) 416-2745
Important Water Quality Message - If you have questions about building flushing practices or your water quality in general before reopening your building, please email UtilitiesCustomerAccounts@fcgov.com or call 970-416-4268. For more information, please visit Fort Collins Utilities COVID-19 Updates.
The City of Fort Collins is launching temporary outdoor dining expansions for restaurant and bars, which temporarily allows restaurants, bars, and retail businesses to expand their business footprint onto the public rights-of-way. Businesses must apply for, and be approved to use additional public space.
- Fort Collins has created a temporary program to expand options for restaurants and bars to operate in outdoor patio settings adjacent to their businesses.
- The intent of the program is to allow for greater social distancing and safety for bar and restaurant‐goers when public health orders allow restaurants and bars to resume sit‐down service.
- To gauge interest, Fort Collins has created an application for businesses for the City to review.
- Final rules and regulations are in development. Under this program, Fort Collins would consider allowing businesses to expand existing patio space or establish new outdoor areas, potentially including parking lots, sidewalks, street parking spaces, and possibly closing select streets to expand outdoor operating areas. The City would maintain ADA access at all times.
- All outdoor seating must be spaced at least six feet apart.
- It is strongly encouraged to test workforce for COVID-19.
- Use single-use paper menus, condiments, etc.
- Provide easily accessible sanitizing options for patrons and employees.
- It is strongly encouraged to implement contact-less ordering and payment processes.
- All restaurants are encouraged to use a reservation system to prevent capacity issues and patrons from congregating while waiting for service.
- Facial coverings must be worn by all staff members.
- Request facial covering of customers when not eating or drinking (i.e., walking past other tables to be seated and/or using restroom).
- Floor markings for traffic control and waiting queue space is highly recommended.
- Limit contact with dining guests by reducing the number of visits wait staff make to each table.
- Maintain ADA access at all times in the public right-of-way.
Find a list of Frequently Asked Questions here.
Outdoor Winter Dining: As winter is approaching, and outdoor dining becomes chillier, we expect tents and heaters to be added to both permanent and temporary outdoor dining spaces.
- To add heaters to your spaces please fill out a PFA permit here: https://www.poudre-fire.org/online-services/contractors-plan-reviews-and-permits/ast-ust-permit-application
- For tents over 400 square feet, or general tent questions, please contact Justin Moinester firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review the Winter Outdoor Dining Guidance.
Have Questions About Which Licenses & Permits You Need for Your Business?
Our Business Licenses & Permits FAQ's will help guide you through required licenses and permits to operate your business based on industry type.
Doing Business in Fort Collins
Commercial and home based business
Economic Health Office
Development, industry, funding and information about EHO
The Fort Collins Urban Renewal Authority is a tool for redevelopment.
Innovation and Climate Economy
Smart City, City as a Platform, Climate Economy and Target industries
Information and resources about metro districts in Fort Collins
Downtown General Improvement District
A tax district for funding parking, pedestrian, and street beautification improvements.
- Colorado Lending Source
- Downtown Development Authority
- Downtown Fort Collins Creative District
- Fort Collins Area Chamber of Commerce
- Larimer Small Business Development Center
- One NoCo
- Poudre River Public Library Business Center
- Social & Advisory Group for Entrepreneurs (SAGE)
- SCORE (Service Corps of Retired Executives)
- Visit Fort Collins
- Work in Northern Colorado
Local Business Associations
- Campus West Merchant Association
- Downtown Business Association
- Fort Collins Area Chamber of Commerce
- Latino Chamber of Commerce (Boulder County)
- Midtown Business Association
- North Fort Collins Business Association
- River District - email River District
City of Fort Collins
- Business License and Sales Tax License
- Data & Information Requests
- Development Review Guide
- Fort Collins Main Street Loan Program
- GIS Maps
- Home Occupation License
- Climate Wise
- Efficiency Works
- Integrated Design Assistance Program (IDAP)
- Manufacturing Equipment Use Tax Rebate Program
County & State Partners
- Colorado Department of Revenue
- Colorado Minority Business Office
- Colorado Office of Economic Development & International Trade
- Colorado PTAC (Procurement Technical Assistance Center)
- E-Learning Free Videos to Start & Grow - also translated in Español
- Larimer County Finance Department
- Metro Denver Economic Development Corporation
- Northern Colorado and Greater Wyoming Better Business Bureau
- Small Business Administration: Colorado Office
- Starting a Business in Colorado
Other Programs & Incentives through Larimer County & the State of Colorado
- Business Development Services
- Colorado C-PACE
- Colorado FIRST & Existing Training Grants
- Enterprise Zone Tax Credit (EZ)
- Job Growth Incentive Tax Credit (JGITC)