Contact Information Contact Information
FCBikes Momentum E-newsletter FCBikes Momentum E-newsletter
Construction begins the week of August 12, 2019 on W. Vine Drive to complete a minor widening of the roadway between Lyons and just west of the western leg of Lancer Drive. This widening will occur on the south side of W. Vine Drive and will add approximately two feet of asphalt to the roadway. The additional space will be utilized for the protected bicycle and pedestrian lane on the south side. Construction is expected to take place over a couple days. Residents will have access to driveways throughout.
Additional construction may occur along W. Vine Drive in September in order to install a concrete curb to complete the protected bicycle and pedestrian lane. Access will be maintained throughout the construction and we will work to minimize the duration and associated impacts.
Improvements Coming Soon to NW Fort Collins!
Beginning summer 2019, the City will complete several bicycle and pedestrian projects in northwest Fort Collins to improve safety and connectivity to schools, the Poudre Trail, the Boys & Girls Club and other nearby destinations. The following projects bring together resources from several City departments as well as the County.
Overview of Projects:
- A paved trail connecting between Lincoln Middle School/Lancer Drive and the Poudre Trail.
- A soft-surface trail connecting between Taft Hill and Vine in the Puente Verde Natural Area (west of Lancer).
- A protected bicycle and pedestrian lane on the south side of Vine connecting from the Puente Verde Natural Area trail to Hannah Drive.
- A protected two-way bike lane on the eastern leg of Lancer connecting Vine to Lincoln Middle School and the new Poudre spur trail.
- New or upgraded pedestrian and bicycle crossings at Vine and Lancer, and on Taft Hill connecting the new Puente Verde Natural Area trail and an existing trail on the west side of Taft Hill Road.
Construction is expected to begin on these projects later this summer and will likely carry through early fall.
The area surrounding W. Vine Drive and Lincoln Middle School has been recommended for improved bicycle and pedestrian connections in the following plans:
In 2016 / 2017, the City completed the Project Outdoors: Plug in to Nature in Northwest Fort Collins planning process in partnership with the community and various key stakeholders. The goal of Project Outdoors was to understand the specific barriers youth and families experience to connecting to the outdoors, identify strategies to address the disconnect, and empower youth and the community to be part of a collective to solve it. Following the planning process, an Implementation Grant application was been submitted to make the vision come to life. Although the implementation grant was not funded, many of the projects identified and prioritized in the planning process are moving forward as part of the work being completed this year.