Reduced Fee Program Updates
In November 2017, the City of Fort Collins Recreation Department will be implementing updates to the Reduced Fee Program. The reduced fee program provides people who qualify the opportunity to participate in Recreation programs at a significant discount. The program has not been updated for several years, and as the community grows Recreation must expand opportunities for all participants.
Before implementing updates to the reduced fee program, Recreation hosted several public presentations to keep community members informed and involved with the proposed changes to the program. Below you will find the presentation given to the public as well as a fact sheet provided to presentation attendees, guidelines for acceptance into the program, printable program applications, as well as approval specifications.
Reduced Fee Program
The City of Fort Collins has established guidelines to make programs available to permanent residents who have a demonstrated financial need. The City defines a permanent resident as someone who resides year-round in Fort Collins or in Poudre School District boundaries and supports himself/herself financially. Applicants 18 years of age or older must show proof of lawful presence in the United States, as required by Colorado law. However, parents who are applying for a fee waiver only on behalf of their children who are under 18 years old are not required to prove their own lawful status or sign the affidavit.
To qualify for reduced fee consideration, the following guidelines must be met:
- Participation in a state or federal assistance program (as listed on the application), or income within federal low-income guidelines per most recent tax return.
- If you receive assistance through any county, state, or federal program(s), you must provide current verification, specifying an expiration date if applicable, or obtain a benefits report from Larimer County Human Services at 970.498.6300.
- If you are not on a qualifying assistance program, a copy of your most recent tax return must be attached to this application.
- Proof of Fort Collins or Poudre School District residency, including a current utility bill showing name and address, or three other bills mailed to the same address. A "Reduced or Free Lunch" letter from Poudre School District can be used in place of proof of income assistance and residency.
- Proof of lawful presence in the United States. Applicants, and each immediate family member 18 years or older, who wish to qualify for the reduced fee program must produce one of the following: a Colorado driver's license or ID card, U.S. military ID card, U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner's card, a Native American tribal document, or other documentation permitted by Colorado regulations. In addition, all applicants 18 years or older must sign the affidavit, stating that he or she is a U.S. citizen, legal permanent resident, or otherwise lawfully present in the United States.
Applications can be submitted at Edora Pool Ice Center (EPIC), Foothills Activity Center, Mulberry Pool, Northside Aztlan Community Center (NACC), or the Senior Center during regular business hours.
Monthly Qualifying Income for Reduced Fees
|Number of Persons per Household||2018 Federal Poverty Level Income (Medicaid)||Up to Maximum 185% of Federal Poverty Level||Maximum Annual Gross Earnings|
|Add for Each Additional Person in Household||$450||$833||$9,990|
- There is no limit on the number of programs each eligible person may register for.
- Discounts to programs and classes will be applied automatically whether registering online, in person, or by phone.
- Activity registration requires attendance. Failing to attend a class will constitute a “no show.” Reduced fee privileges may be revoked for no-shows.
- Beginner/Introductory Classes receive 90% discount
- Intermediate and All Fitness Classes receive 70% discount
- Advanced/Competitive/Private Lessons receive 10% discount
- Excluded Programs:
- Adult Sports Teams and Tournaments
- Ticketed Events (Social Dances, Treatsylvania, Ice Shows, etc)
- Private Instruction
- UCH/Columbine Health contracted activities
- Discounted Annual Recreation Pass (required to activate benefits)
- Youth/Senior passes are $6
- Adult passes are $25
- Family passes are $40 (up to 2 adults, no limit on children, all in the same household)
- Pass includes unlimited visits to all Recreation Facilities, excluding City Park Pool