Contact Information Contact Information
Recreation Subscriptions Recreation Subscriptions
Pottery Pick Up July 11 & July 25
Pottery students may pick up their work on July 11 and July 25 from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
The following procedures will be in place to ensure safe pick up:
- When you arrive note the ENTRANCE only door, and EXIT only door
- Please line up adhering to social distancing
- Limit of 5 people in the building
- Maintain 6 foot social distancing
- Everyone must wear face protection
- Please wear gloves if available
- Only the pottery student may enter the building to pick up their item(s)
- Only adults may come to pickup times, unless absolutely necessary for the child to enter with an adult to identify their piece(s)
- Bring a container/wrap to bring your items home, nothing will be provided
- As a pick up time comes to an end, staff will inform those behind the last customer in line to attend an alternate pick up time
Thank you for your understanding as we must adhere to these assigned times.
The Pottery Studio is located in the northwest corner of City Park. It has provided interactive experiences and education since 1971. The Pottery Studio serves as an educational and recreational facility that offers broad and diverse classes, activities, opportunities, and adventures for students of all ages. Participants can learn a wide range of basic clay techniques including the use of a potter’s wheel, hand-building, forming, construction, surface treatment, and a variety of methods to decorate and glaze ceramic ware.
To participate in a pottery class or open lab, you must register in advance.
To register for the programs below, visit our online database and search for the class to register. You can also call 970-221-6655 to register over the phone. Additional Arts & Crafts programs can be found in the Recreator.
Monday-Sunday: Facility hours vary. Please call the Senior Center at 970.221.6644 for more information.
Pottery Lab times available for those enrolled in specific Pottery programs.
The Pottery Studio has varied firing capabilities to process pots in several different ways: Cone 6 reduction, Cone 6 oxidation, Cone 05 Majolica, Raku and Black on Black.
- 28 Potters Wheels (20 electric and 8 kick; two are handicapped accessible)
- 6 Kilns (2 gas, 3 electric, 1 Raku)
- 200 square feet of work surface
- 10 different clays in stock
- Clay mixer and pugmill
- Slab-roller (30 inches wide)
- Compressor with vented spray booth
- Power 10-inch grinder
- 2 clay extruders with a variety of dies
- 2 story building
- Library with periodicals and reference books, including more than 65 videos of performing potters
- Over 40 glazes
- Variety of Slips, Stains, Engobes, and Terra Siglatta
- Hundreds of pottery examples
Rental/Birthday Party Inquiry
Interested in renting space at this facility? Submit a rental inquiry using the button below.
View photos of the facility.
See a 360-degree tour of the facility.
- Private Instruction
Private lessons are available for all levels. For more information and to schedule lessons, contact Katie Stieber at a3N0aWViZXJAZmNnb3YuY29t
- Scout Badges
Boy and Girl Scouts can learn the fundamentals of clay while completing their badge requirements. Tour and see the workings of a Pottery Studio, as well as create a piece of your very own. For more information, contact Katie Stieber at a3N0aWViZXJAZmNnb3YuY29t