Contact Information Contact Information
Recreation Subscriptions Recreation Subscriptions
The Pottery Studio is located in the northwest corner of City Park. It has provided interactive experiences and education since 1971. The Pottery Studio serves as an educational and recreational facility that offers broad and diverse classes, activities, opportunities, and adventures for students of all ages. Participants can learn a wide range of basic clay techniques including the use of a potter’s wheel, hand-building, forming, construction, surface treatment, and a variety of methods to decorate and glaze ceramic ware.
The Pottery Studio has varied firing capabilities to process pots in several different ways: Cone 6 reduction, Cone 6 oxidation, Cone 05 Majolica, Raku and Black on Black. Classes offered also include opportunities to share in the experiences with a variety of family members.
Monday-Sunday: Hours vary
Call 970.221.6644 for more information.
- Easter Eve - Facilities close at 5 p.m.
- Thanksgiving Eve - Facilities close at 5 p.m.
- Christmas Eve - Facilities close at 5 p.m.
- New Years Eve - Facilities close at 5 p.m.
- New Years Day
- Easter Day
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- 28 Potters Wheels (20 electric and 8 kick; two are handicapped accessible)
- 6 Kilns (2 gas, 3 electric, 1 Raku)
- 200 square feet of work surface
- 10 different clays in stock
- Clay mixer and pugmill
- Slab-roller (30 inches wide)
- Compressor with vented spray booth
- Power 10-inch grinder
- 2 clay extruders with a variety of dies
- 2 story building
- Library with periodicals and reference books, including more than 65 videos of performing potters
- Over 40 glazes
- Variety of Slips, Stains, Engobes, and Terra Siglatta
- Hundreds of pottery examples
Fees & Rates
View a list of fees and rates for the Pottery Studio
View photos of our facility
See a 360-degree tour of our facility
More Pottery Studio Fun
Whether it's a birthday party with your kiddos, or some time with friends, the Pottery Studio offers a fun and unique atmosphere for get-togethers. Each attendee creates a piece to take home. Tailored packages available.
Private lessons are available for all levels. Contact us for more information and to schedule your lessons.
Boy and Girl Scouts can learn the fundamentals of clay while completing their badge requirements. Tour and see the workings of a Pottery Studio, as well as create a piece of your very own.
Cost: $16 per child (5 children minimum).