Available Rental Facilities & Spaces#
Are you looking for a place to hold your next event? The City of Fort Collins Parks Department offers great spaces available to rent for events, meetings, parties and much more!
Vending in the Parks is not allowed.
A vendor may be invited by an event organizer to be a part of their sanctioned (permitted) event taking place at the park. The permit needed to include a vendor is the Park Event Application.
Vendor must have a Sales Tax License. The Sales Tax License must be visibly displayed. All other vending rules and requirements must be adhered to including, but not limited to, health codes, insurance requirements, and safety.
There is one shelter in each of the following community parks that can be reserved.
Maximum capacity of 150 people.
- Edora Park
- City Park
- Rolland Moore Park
- Fossil Creek Park
Maximum capacity of 250 people.
- Spring Canyon Community Park
There is one shelter in each of the following parks that can be reserved.
Maximum capacity 50 people.
- Fossil Creek Park
- Greenbriar Park
- Overland Park
- Lee Martinez Park
- Twin Silo Park
- Spring Park
For availability and reservations, call the Parks Department at 970.221.6660.
Parks only reserves the shelter for one group per day.
- Only one reservation per day is accepted as each reservation is made for the entire day regardless of event time. Reservations can be made one year in advance.
- Rental requests can be made over the phone if payment is made by credit card at 970-221-6660. If using check/cash, for a shelter rental the requests must be made in person at the Parks Maintenance Office, at 413 S. Bryan Avenue.
- No alcohol or glass bottles are allowed in the Fort Collins Parks per City ordinances.
- Please be courteous NO parking or driving on any turf areas. If you need to load or unload items, contact our office to receive proper instructions. Parking or driving on turf (grassy) areas and sidewalks is strictly prohibited.
- Line locates are required for any items being staked in the ground deeper than 6".
- If your event is going to have an item such as jumping castle, amplified music, or using a food truck, etc. a Parks Event request must be used instead of a shelter request with associated fees and insurance/liability requirements.
- A notice of reservation is posted in a kiosk at the reservable shelter, but please bring your reservation paperwork with you to the shelter on the day of your event so you will have documentation in case of conflicts.
- Each reservable shelter is available for drop-in use when it has not been reserved. All other shelters and picnic areas in the Parks are available for drop-in during normal park hours.
City Park, Shelter #7#
This large shelter is located south of the ballfields and west of the irrigation ditch at City Park. The playground is located east of Bryan Avenue (a short walk) and restrooms are available to the north next to the ballfields. This shelter does have a barbecue grill and a water spigot. City Park Pool and Sheldon Lake are also nearby.
Edora Park, Shelter #1#
This shelter is located west of the west ballfield parking lot in Edora Park. The shelter does have a barbecue grill and playground is near by. The Spring Creek Trail runs very close to the shelter, and restrooms are located near the ballfields.
Fossil Creek Lake Pavilion#
This shelter is located on the west side of the park, and sits on the northwest end of the lake. For close parking, patrons should use the west parking lot which is accessed from Fossil Creek Parkway off of College Avenue. This shelter does have a barbecue grill, water spigot and restrooms are located at the shelter.
Fossil Creek Oval Pavilion#
This is a smaller pavilion located at Fossil Creek Park by the soccer fields. Access to the east parking for this pavilion is off of Lemay. The pavilion a barbecue grill and restrooms are located at the shelter.
Greenbriar Park Shelter#
This is one of our smaller neighborhood park shelter located at Greenbriar Park in north Fort Collins. It is close to the playground,has a barbecue grill, and restrooms are located just down the walking path toward the ball fields.
Lee Martinez Park Shelter#
This is a smaller park shelter located at Lee Martinez Park in north Fort Collins. It is west of the tennis courts and the structure closest to the playground, has a barbecue grill, and restrooms are located just down the walking path.
Overland Park Shelter#
This is one of our smaller neighborhood park shelter located at Overland Park. It has lovely foothill views, a barbecue grill and restrooms are located at the shelter.
Rolland Moore, Shelter #2#
This shelter is located near the volleyball courts at the west end of Rolland Moore Park. The shelter is a "split" shelter with two rooftops. It does have a barbecue grill and is a short walk to the playground and restrooms.
Spring Canyon Shelter North (creek side)#
This shelter is located on the northwest side of Spring Canyon Community Park. This shelter is a combo of two shelters, it does have a barbecue grill, water spigot and restrooms are located near the shelter. Best parking for this shelter is accessed off of Overland Trail, and walking across a handi-cap accessible foot-bridge.
Spring Park Shelter#
This is one of our smaller neighborhood park shelter located at Spring Park. It is very close to the playground, and does have a barbecue grill. Restrooms are located by the ball fields.
Twin Silo Park Shelter#
This is a smaller park shelter located at Twin Silo Park in south Fort Collins. has a barbecue grill, and restrooms are located just down the walking path.
Turf & Ballfield Reservations#
Fields must be reserved/scheduled for games and practices. Review the Field & Facilities Guidelines for information on reserving fields.
Scheduled practice times are 1.5 hours from 4-5:30 p.m., 5:30-7 p.m., or 7-8:30 p.m.
Fields do not have to be reserved for practice; drop-ins are welcome if the fields are open for use. Please note, if a ball field has been prepped, this would indicate a game is scheduled to occur; do not use a prepped field for practice. Additionally, if a team shows confirmation of field reservation drop-in users must leave the field.
If fields are closed for any reason notices will be posted at the park. Adhere to all closure notices so that fields may be reopened and ready for play.
The Parks Department relies on coaches to make practice/game-time decisions. Some of the following are reasons to cancel:
- Standing Water on the Field(s)
- Fields are Slippery or Unsafe
- Turf Tears Underfoot
- Drought Related Conditions
Required for ALL Sports Teams (Games and Practices)
All teams and facilities participating in recreational and league sports must submit complete rosters, schedules, location of games/practices and contact information (to include names, phone numbers and email addresses) of all team members or parents of youth who participate prior to the teams playing in any league events, including practice. Failure of parents, facilities, coaches and/or team organizers to cooperate with contact tracing may result in the league or season being suspended or canceled.
Please Note: Turf and Ballfield lists are subject to change and may be updated throughout the season for various reasons.
- Turf fields are prepped for the type of event prior to the first game played on that field.
- Soccer goals are placed on fields (by Club and/or Organization reserving the field for games) prior to their first game on that field.
- Soccer goals are not the property of the Parks Department.
- Teams can set up portable goals (not staked) during practice, but the goals may not be left on site.
- Bases are provided for games only at Community Park ball fields. (Rolland Moore Park, Edora Park, Fossil Creek Park, Lee Martinez Park, Spring Canyon Park, Twin Silo & City Park).
- Ball teams must provide their own bases for games at Neighborhood Park ball fields.
- Ball teams must provide their own bases for practices at ALL ball fields.
- Bases must be compatible with the deadmen; if they are not fitting, do not force.
- If fields are closed for any reason a "closed" sign will be posted and/or bollards will be in place. Please respect the "closed" sign/bollards and refrain from play on that field so that it can be reopened and ready for play in a timely manner.
These maps are all-inclusive of where the turf field(s) are located and laid out at the park. They do not reflect the availability of the turf field(s).
Park Event Application#
The City of Fort Collins requires event permits for events planned at a City park or trail. Events that require permits include (but are not limited to):
- Events with 250-2,500 attendees
- Commercial use of the park with 15+ attendees and/or use of the park more than once per week/month.
- Any event planning to have a bounce house or other apparatus.
- A walk/run/race on a City trail or within a City park.
- An event using a skate park, BMX track, disc golf course, archery range, or horseshoe pits.
*Permits must be obtained at least ten days prior to the event date.