Available Rental Facilities & Spaces#
Are you looking for a place to hold your next event? The City of Fort Collins Parks Department offers great spaces available to rent for events, meetings, parties and much more! Parks only reserves spaces for events in the year the event is happening.
Turf & Ballfield Reservations#
Fields must be reserved/scheduled for games.
Fields may be reserved for Practices, however drop-ins are welcome for practice if the fields are open for use. Please note, if a ball field has been prepped, this would indicate a game is scheduled to occur; do not use a prepped field for practice. Additionally, if a team shows confirmation of field reservation drop-in users must leave the field.
If fields are closed for any reason notices will be posted at the park. Adhere to all closure notices so that fields may be reopened and ready for play.
The Parks Department relies on coaches to make practice/game-time decisions. Some of the following are reasons to cancel:
- Standing Water on the Field(s)
- Fields are Slippery or Unsafe
- Turf Tears Underfoot
- Drought Related Conditions
SCHEDULING PRACTICES FOR SPORTS#
Fees have increased for 2024.
IMPORTANT: Please Read the 2024 Sports Field Procedures & Policies for Practices.
- Timeline to Reserve for Diamond Sports for 2024: Tuesday, March 5 at 8:00am.
- Timeline to Reserve for Turf Sports for 2024: Thursday, March 7 at 8:00am
Practice Times Monday-Friday are: 4:00pm-5:30pm OR 5:30pm-7:00pm OR 7pm-8:30pm
Practice Times Saturday/Sunday are: Open starting 9:00am hours not limited.
- Lights are NOT provided for practices/scrimmage.
2024Time Lines (pdf)
2024 Turf List (subject to change) (pdf)
Turf Fields are grass; not artificial/synthetic fields.
PLEASE NOTE: Several TURF fields are not available this season to allow for rehabbing of the fields.
Request Form for GAMES (Excel Doc .xlxs) - MUST be used as Excel Doc and emailed to office as an Excel Doc.
These maps are all-inclusive of where the turf field(s) are located and laid out at the park. They do not reflect the availability of the turf field(s). City Map showing Parks throughout Fort Collins.
Please Note: Turf and Ballfield lists are subject to change and may be updated throughout the season for various reasons.
If fields are closed for any reason a "closed" sign will be posted and/or bollards will be in place. Please respect the "closed" sign/bollards and refrain from play on that field so that it can be reopened and ready for play in a timely manner.
Ball Fields and Turf Fields are NOT prepped for practices or scrimmages.
- Turf fields are prepped for the type of event prior to the first scheduled game played on that field.
- Goals for various turf sports are placed on fields (by Club and/or Organization reserving the field for games) prior to their first game on that field.
- Goals for various turf sports are not the property of the Parks Department.
- Teams can set up portable goals (not staked) during practice and then removed - goals may not be left on site.
- Ball Fields are prepped on the morning of the scheduled game. Once prepped, drop in use of the field should be in the outfield only.
- Bases are provided for games only at Community Park ball fields. (Rolland Moore Park, Edora Park, Fossil Creek Park, Lee Martinez Park, Spring Canyon Park, Twin Silo & City Park).
- Ball teams must provide their own bases for games at Neighborhood Park ball fields.
- Ball teams must provide their own bases for practices at ALL ball fields.
- Bases must be compatible with the deadmen; if they are not fitting, do not force.
City Park, Shelter #7#
This large shelter is located south of the ballfields and west of the irrigation ditch at City Park. The playground is located east of Bryan Avenue (a short walk) and restrooms are available to the north next to the ballfields. This shelter does have a barbecue grill and a water spigot. City Park Pool and Sheldon Lake are also nearby.
Edora Park, Shelter #1#
This shelter is located west of the west ballfield parking lot in Edora Park. The shelter does have a barbecue grill and playground is near by. The Spring Creek Trail runs very close to the shelter, and restrooms are located near the ballfields.
Fossil Creek Lake Pavilion#
This shelter is located on the west side of the park, and sits on the northwest end of the lake. For close parking, patrons should use the west parking lot which is accessed from Fossil Creek Parkway off of College Avenue. This shelter does have a barbecue grill, water spigot and restrooms are located at the shelter.
Fossil Creek Oval Pavilion#
This is a smaller pavilion located at Fossil Creek Park by the soccer fields. Access to the east parking for this pavilion is off of Lemay. The pavilion a barbecue grill and restrooms are located at the shelter.
Greenbriar Park Shelter#
This is one of our smaller neighborhood park shelter located at Greenbriar Park in north Fort Collins. It is close to the playground,has a barbecue grill, and restrooms are located just down the walking path toward the ball fields.
Lee Martinez Park Shelter#
This is a smaller park shelter located at Lee Martinez Park in north Fort Collins. It is west of the tennis courts and the structure closest to the playground, has a barbecue grill, and restrooms are located just down the walking path.
Overland Park Shelter#
This is one of our smaller neighborhood park shelter located at Overland Park. It has lovely foothill views, a barbecue grill and restrooms are located at the shelter.
Rolland Moore, Shelter #2#
This shelter is located near the volleyball courts at the west end of Rolland Moore Park. The shelter is a "split" shelter with two rooftops. It does have a barbecue grill and is a short walk to the playground and restrooms.
Spring Canyon Shelter North (creek side)#
This shelter is located on the northwest side of Spring Canyon Community Park. This shelter is a combo of two shelters, it does have a barbecue grill, water spigot and restrooms are located near the shelter. Best parking for this shelter is accessed off of Overland Trail, and walking across a handi-cap accessible foot-bridge.
Spring Park Shelter#
This is one of our smaller neighborhood park shelter located at Spring Park. It is very close to the playground, and does have a barbecue grill. Restrooms are located by the ball fields.
Twin Silo Park Shelter#
This is a smaller park shelter located at Twin Silo Park, in southeast Fort Collins. The shelter has a barbecue grill, and restrooms are located just down the walking path.
Click on the Reservable Shelter Link to see a picture and description of the shelters that parks reserves.
Shelters are available for reservation mid-March through the end of October. Reservations are only taken in the same year as the event ~ requests can begin in January.
***All other shelters in parks (example the shelter by the playground at Spring Canyon park) are ALL drop-in only shelters. Drop in must be with 50 or fewer people and No bounce house or food trucks allowed with drop-in use.***
There is one shelter in each of the following community parks that can be reserved with the Maximum capacity of 150 people.
- Edora Park - (just west of the ballfields)
- City Park - (south of the ballfields/west of the ditch)
- Rolland Moore Park - (furthest shelter west in the park)
- Fossil Creek Park - (lake pavilion, northwest in the park)
Maximum capacity of 250 people.
- Spring Canyon Community Park (double shelter northwest in the park)
There is one shelter in each of the following parks that can be reserved with the Maximum capacity 50 people.
- Fossil Creek Park - (oval pavilion, south of tennis courts)
- Greenbriar Park - (next to the playground to the east)
- Overland Park - (close to the playground to the west)
- Lee Martinez Park - (close to the playground to the south)
- Twin Silo Park - (close to the community garden to the west)
- Spring Park - (next to the playground to the west)
For shelter availability and reservations, call the Parks Department at 970-221-6660. Payment is due at time of reservation via credit card (MasterCard, Visa or Discover). Tentative holds will not be accepted.
If a check/cash needs to be used, the reservation must be made in person by coming to the Parks Office at 413 S. Bryan Avenue.
The City only reserves the shelter for one group per day.
Park Event Application#
The City of Fort Collins requires event permits for events planned at a City park or trail. Events that require permits include (but are not limited to):
- Events with 250-2,500 attendees
- Commercial use of the park with 15+ attendees and/or use of the park more than once per week/month.
- Any event planning to have a bounce house, food truck, or other apparatus.
- A walk/run/race on a City trail or within a City park.
- An event using a skate park, BMX track, disc golf course, archery range, or horseshoe pits.
*Park Permits must be obtained at least ten days prior to the event date.
Depending on the size/scope of your event a Special Events Application/Permit may be required.
Event Cancellation Policy
If the event is canceled, notification of the cancellation must be received by Parks Front Office at least 2 business days (during office hours 8am-4pm) prior to the event in order to receive a refund. If the cancellation is weather related, notification of the cancellation must be received no later than one business day (during office hours 8am-4pm) after the event in order to receive a refund. Refunds for the Park fee will not be granted outside of these parameters. Security Deposits will be refunded.
Mobile Stage Rental#
The Mobile Stage can be reserved for events throughout the City of Fort Collins. Reservation for the Mobile Stage must be made no later than two weeks prior to the event date.
Vending in the Parks is not allowed.
A vendor may be invited by an event organizer to be a part of their sanctioned (permitted) event taking place at the park. The permit needed to include a vendor is the Park Event Application.
Vendor must have a Sales Tax License. The Sales Tax License must be visibly displayed. All other vending rules and requirements must be adhered to including, but not limited to, health codes, insurance requirements, and safety.