Piano Boulders is a popular bouldering-only site within Pineridge Natural Area. You can find a list of routes and other climbing beta at Northern Colorado Climbers Coalition or the Mountain Project
There are no dogs allowed in the Piano Boulders climbing area.
Due to natural resource damage and crowding concerns, the Natural Areas Department changed the fencing and reduced the parking area in June 2020. View the sign with the boundary.
Please respect the regulations posted on the signage and be a responsible steward.
Piano Boulders from Parking Lot
Short approach to boulders
View from Piano Boulders
Another view from Piano Boulders
Volunteers doing trail work at Piano Boulders
The short trail at Piano Boulders leads to climbing access only.
The parking area is on the east side of Centennial Dr., 1/2 mile north of County Rd. 38E (or 1 mile south of County Rd. 42C). Walk east about 400 feet on the well-marked approach trail which starts in the middle of the parking area.
Activities and Events#
- Free educational activities and events in June-October are listed in the Explorer booklet guide.
- Last minute activity additions, trail recommendations and events offered between November-May are in our free monthly electronic newsletter- sign up on this page.
- Free educational programs at Pineridge Natural Area are available for groups by request, call the Master Naturalist Program at 970-224-6118 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Know before you go safety and recreation information.
- Trail Map
- Special people have volunteered to take an active role in the stewardship of natural areas by doing monthly litter pick-ups. You can join the fun and adopt a natural area, too!
- Executive Summary of the Foothills Natural Areas Management Plan
- Foothiills Natural Areas Management Plan 2019 (web-based storymap)
- Fishing information
- Plant List for Pineridge Natural Area. Volunteers were critical in making the list possible, thank you!
- Bird Checklist- Courtesy of Fort Collins Audubon Society