Contact Information Contact Information
Coronavirus Emergency Rules and Regulations
The City has enacted several emergency orders related to the coronavirus outbreak. The emergency orders are permitted under the City's ongoing local emergency proclamation.
Our mission is to provide excellent legal services that reflect the values and achieve the goals of the City and respects the rights of all people.
The City Attorney is the legal advisor to the City Council and City employees in matters relating to their official powers and duties, and is responsible under the City Charter for:
- representing the City in all legal proceedings;
- drafting all ordinances and preparing all other legal documents for the City;
- attending all Council meetings;
- and performing all services related to the position as required by the City Charter, the ordinances of the City or the Council.
The City Attorney's Office is comprised of:
- City Attorney, Carrie M. Daggett (appointed in March 2015)
- One Deputy City Attorney
- Three Senior Assistant City Attorneys
- Seven Assistant City Attorneys
- One Lead Municipal Court Prosecutor
- Two Municipal Court Prosecutors
- Three Paralegals
- One Executive Legal Administrative Assistant
- Three Legal Assistants