Municipal Court Hours and Entrance#
The Court's hours of operations (including the Camera Radar/Red Light Clerks' office) are 8:00AM until 4:30PM daily excluding holidays. The entrance to the Municipal Court Clerks' office is at the north of the building. All customers appearing for hearings or for walk-in customer service are required to enter the building using the north entrance and proceed through security screening.
Customers who need to speak with a Court Clerk and are not scheduled for a specific hearing time/date are encouraged to come in during the afternoon hours between 12:00PM until 4:00PM when the wait time will be reduced. In order to help everyone keep safe during the pandemic, you are strongly encouraged to email or e-file Motions or Court filings with the Court instead of filing them in person.
Hearing Schedule, Early Payment Discount, CRRL citations, Zoom Docket options#
The City of Fort Collins Municipal Court is open for all hearings and walk-in customer service.
Please be patient. The Court is taking appropriate measures to ensure the health and well-being of its employees and community members. As we strive to keep everyone healthy and safe, all Court processes and hearings will take longer than usual.
Due to restrictions caused by the ongoing pandemic, the Municipal Court is implementing a hybrid schedule for hearings starting Monday, November 30th until further notice.
Email is the preferred mode of communication and for filing any Motions with the Court. Please be sure that your message includes your name, date of birth, telephone number, mailing address, case or citation number, and your current court date. Telephones will be answered sporadically when staffing is available in the building.
If you have received a payable traffic citation (fines/fees information will be listed directly above your scheduled arraignment date), you are able to pay that violation using one of the payment options listed below up to and including on your scheduled date and still receive an early settlement point discount. Please review the information listed under “Traffic and Parking Cases below”. Please note: your citation will not be available to pay online or by telephone using the Court's vendor nCourt until the Court receives your citation. Citations can take up to 10 days from the date of issue to be transferred to the Court.
Zoom Arraignments (preferred option)-Most scheduled arraignment dates will be moving to Zoom- Monday and Wednesday-please email the court (firstname.lastname@example.org) immediately requesting to appear by Zoom, attach a copy of your ID, and verify your contact information (mailing address and telephone number)
- A clerk will email you your Zoom arraignment date/time and instructions along with a link to the session. Please read and follow these instructions carefully. You must appear on time for your scheduled date/time. You will be considered failed to appear if you have not signed into the Zoom link at your scheduled time.
- In-Person Arraignments-if you are unable to appear during a Zoom arraignment, your case will be scheduled on or rescheduled to a limited in-person arraignment date/time (Tuesday, Thursday, Friday morning). Because of restriction in the number of individuals allowed in the building at any time. This option, hearing, and process will take longer than usual. Please be patient. The Court is taking appropriate measures to ensure the health and well-being of its employees and community members. Please allow up to 3 hours for the hearing to be concluded. When you appear, please use the NORTH ENTRANCE to the building (green metal railings) and proceed through security screening.
Information on appearing for your hearing:
- You are required to bring and wear a mask when inside the building.
- Physical distancing must be maintained.
- Because of restrictions, we ask that only the defendant plus one support person attend the hearing.
- No backpacks, large bags, weapons or items that can be used as weapons are allowed in the building. Please make arrangements to store your items prior to attending Court.
- Information on staggered arraignment hearing times will be sent to the address listed on your citation one week prior to your hearing; email the Court if you have not received your notice.
- The Prosecution Team has agreed to extend all early payment point discounts until the originally scheduled arraignment date listed on a citation. If you would like to pay one of these violations and accept the reduced points, you must do so prior to the appearance date listed on your citation.
- The prosecution team will only meet remotely with individuals when they request pre-trial conferences.
The preferred method of payment of any fines or costs due is by debt or credit card.
Information on an alternative option for arraignment hearings:
- If you would like to plead guilty or not contest without appearing because you live more than 50 miles from Fort Collins or have medical concerns that would make it difficult to attend, please email the court a copy of your ID, complete contact information, and a copy of (or information regarding) your citation to email@example.com along with a statement requesting to plead guilty or no contest to your case.
- If you qualify, a clerk will email you paperwork for you to complete and return to the court.
- Once received, a judge will review your request, sign an order on your case, then a clerk will contact you with payment information.
- Arraignments held by Zoom may also be an option. Please email the requested information above if you would like to see if this is an option.
Information on Court Closures, Weekend, Holiday Arraignment Dates:
If your Court date is a holiday, Saturday, Sunday, or the Court is closed for any reason, you are required to appear on the next business day the Court is open unless notified by the Court.
TRAFFIC AND PARKING CASES (other than Camera Radar/Red Light):
If you have a traffic infraction and an early settlement/payment discount offer on your citation, the prosecution has agreed that you may accept the offer and pay the citation without court costs through your arraignment date by paying online at www.fcgov.com/tickets-fines. Another option is the pay your violation by mail. Please follow the instructions on the back of your citation. The Court's mailing address is PO Box 580, Fort Collins, CO 80522. Payments can be made by calling (970) 658-4112 (wait times can be long). Lastly, there is a drop box located in the north parking lot of 215 N. Mason. You can drop your payment in the box (please make sure that you slide the envelope to the back of the box so that it drops into the secured box below). Please do so at least two days prior to your hearing.
If, instead, you wish to postpone your case and have not already been notified of a new court date, you may contact the Court Clerk (see above) by email.
CAMERA RADAR / RED LIGHT CASES:
The CRRL office is open. For information on viewing a video of the incident, please refer to the citation you received in the mail. There will be a Clerk available to respond to your emails and phone calls. Please call (970) 221-6867 during the normal business hours for the CRRL office (Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m to 4:00 p.m. closed for lunch 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.). The preferred mode of communication is email at this point. If you wish to file a motion on your case or pay your violation, please go online to www.fcgov.com/tickets-fines. Payments can also be made by calling (970) 658-4112.
COURT-APPOINTED DEFENSE COUNSEL:
If you are represented by Court-appointed Defense Counsel, contact your attorney regarding the status of your case.
PROBATION / SPECIAL AGENCY SESSION:
If you are on probation and/or participating in the Special Agency Session and you have any questions, please call (970) 416-8003 to speak with the Probation Officer (Bernadette or Beth).
MOTIONS, FILINGS, COURT REQUESTS, PROOF OF CLASS OR COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS:
If you have a motion, filing, court request, proof of completion of a class or community service hours, the Court strongly encourages you to email it (see above), fax it to the court at (970) 416-2162 or mail it to the court:
Fort Collins Municipal Court
PO Box 580
Fort Collins, CO 80522
Again, email is preferred.
If you have been assigned to complete an education class, online classes through Court approved vendors are authorized for defendants to take until further notice. Please email your proof of compliance and required essay to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a payment due (early settlement, payment plan, 14-day notice to pay, etc.), payment can still be made:
- online through nCourt at fcgov.com/tickets-fines (preferred method),
- by mail with check or certified funds, (use the PO box address above)
- using the drop box located in the north parking of 215 N Mason Street or
- call (970) 658-4112 (Mon-Fri, 6 AM-6 PM and Sat-Sun, 8 AM-12 PM)-due to impacts caused by COVID-19, this vendor is experiencing longer than usual wait time. Online payments are the fastest method.
If you need more time to pay, you will need to email a request form to the court. Forms are available in the forms section of this website. If you have concerns about your ability to pay your fines/costs without it causing hardship to you or your family, please fill out a Petition of Indigence located in the forms section of the Court's web page (see link above) and email it to email@example.com prior to your scheduled court date..
If you have an active warrant that you are trying to address, you are required to appear in-person prior to 8:30AM on a Tuesday or Thursday morning to be added to the docket. Individuals appearing after 8:30AM will be told to come back on another date before 8:30AM.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
The Fort Collins Municipal Court is responsible for administering the operation of the judicial branch of City government according to the ordinance adopted by City Council. Cases adjudicated in Municipal Court include traffic violations, misdemeanors, petty offenses, and civil infractions. Generally, cases are brought to Municipal Court by Fort Collins Police Services, Colorado State University Police Department, other City departments and private residents.
Chief Judge Jill Hueser
General Caseload Information#
The Court's offices are located in the City of Fort Collins' Administration Building on the north west corner of Laporte Ave. and Mason St., directly across the street from the North Transit Center.
If you have received a citation from one of the enforcement groups listed in the statement above and are scheduled for court, please use the NORTH ENTRANCE to the building to go through security screening prior to your hearing. The building opens for business at 8:00AM. Access to the building prior to its opening is not allowed.
Parking in the downtown area is very limited with some spaces only useable for short periods of time. The City's Civil Center Parking structure is located diagonally from the Administration Building on the south east corner of Laporte Ave. and Mason St. For your information, parking in the structure must be paid for when you park your vehicle, not when your vehicle leaves the structure. Court hearings in general last at least 2 hours and often last up to 4 hours depending on the number of cases scheduled. Please consider this when parking your vehicle.
Camera Radar/Red Light Clerk's Office Information#
The CRRL Clerk's office is located within the Municipal Court Clerks' office in the City of Fort Collins' Administration Building, 215 North Mason St. Please use the north entrance to the building. These citations are issued by Fort Collins Police Services and mailed directly to individuals. Please review the hours of operation and contact information listed on your summons and also listed above. The CRRL Clerk's telephone customer service hours are as follows:
- Mon-Fri, 8:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m. and 12:30-4:00 p.m.