Contact Information Contact Information
Municipal Court Entrance
Everyone appearing for hearings or walk-in customer service during the Court's open hours must use the north entrance to the City's Administration building located at 215 N. Mason Street, and go through security screening. Look for the green metal railings for the correct entrance door.
New Municipal Court Hours and Entrance
Starting on Monday, October 12, 2020, the Court's hours of operations (including the Camera Radar/Red Light Clerks' office) are changing to 8:00AM until 4:30PM daily excluding holidays. The Court will be open during the lunch hour. The entrance to the Municipal Court Clerks' office is moving to the north. All customers appearing for hearings or for walk-in customer service are required to enter the building using the north entrance and proceed through security screening. The previous entrance to the Clerks' Office located in the lobby on the 1st floor of 215 N Mason Street will be permanently closed on that date.
Customers who need to speak with a Court Clerk and are not scheduled for a specific hearing time/date are encouraged to come in during the afternoon hours between 12:00PM until 4:00PM when the wait time will be reduced.
Municipal Court Hearing Schedule and Customer Service Hours
The City of Fort Collins Municipal Court is open for all hearings and walk-in customer service.
When you appear, please use the NORTH ENTRANCE to the building and proceed through security screening.
The Court is located in the City’s Administration Building (215 N Mason St.). Hours and entrance are changing on October 12th. Please review the information above.
Please be patient. The Court is taking appropriate measures to ensure the health and well-being of its employees and community members. As we strive to keep everyone healthy and safe, all Court processes and hearings will take longer than usual.
Email is the preferred mode of communication at this point. Please be sure that your message includes your name, date of birth, telephone number, mailing address, case or citation number, and your current court date.
Early Settlement Citations and payments:
Due to impacts from COVID-19, it is taking longer for enforcement agencies to deliver issued citations to the court. Your citation will not be available to pay online or by telephone using the Court's vendor nCourt until the court receives your citation. Once the court receives your citation, it will be available to be paid within 24 hours.
Information on appearing for your hearing:
- Use the NORTH ENTRANCE to 215 N. Mason to enter the building and go through security screening.
- You are required to bring and wear a mask when inside the building.
- Physical distancing must be maintained and only 15 people will be allowed within any room in the Court space.
- Because of restrictions, we ask that only the defendant plus one support person attend the hearing.
- No backpacks, large bags, weapons or items that can be used as weapons are allowed in the building. Please make arrangements to store your items prior to attending Court.
- Information on staggered arraignment hearing times will be sent to the address listed on your citation one week prior to your hearing; email the Court if you have not received your notice.
- The Prosecution Team has agreed to extend all early payment point discounts until the originally scheduled arraignment date listed on a citation. If you would like to pay one of these violations and accept the reduced points, you must do so prior to the appearance date listed on your citation.
- The prosecution team will only meet remotely with individuals when they request pre-trial conferences.
The preferred method of payment of any fines or costs due is by debt or credit card.
Information on an alternative option for arraignment hearings:
- If you would like to plead guilty or not contest without appearing because you live more than 50 miles from Fort Collins or have medical concerns that would make it difficult to attend, please email the court a copy of your ID, complete contact information, and a copy of (or information regarding) your citation to PGFjbGFzcz0=">Y291cnRAZmNnb3YuY29t along with a statement requesting to plead guilty or no contest to your case.
- If you qualify, a clerk will email you paperwork for you to complete and return to the court.
- Once received, a judge will review your request, sign an order on your case, then a clerk will contact you with payment information.
- Arraignments held by Zoom may also be an option. Please email the requested information above if you would like to see if this is an option.
TRAFFIC AND PARKING CASES (other than Camera Radar/Red Light):
If you have a traffic infraction and an early settlement/payment discount offer on your citation, the prosecution has agreed that you may accept the offer and pay the citation without court costs through your arraignment date by paying online at www.fcgov.com/tickets-fines. Another option is the pay your violation by mail. Please follow the instructions on the back of your citation. The Court's mailing address is PO Box 580, Fort Collins, CO 80522. Payments can be made by calling (970) 658-4112 (wait times can be long). Lastly, there is a dropbox located in the north parking lot of 215 N. Mason. You can drop your payment in the box. Please do so at least two days prior to your hearing.
If, instead, you wish to postpone your case and have not already been notified of a new court date, you may contact the Court Clerk (see above) by email.
CAMERA RADAR / RED LIGHT CASES:
The CRRL office is open. Please review the hours information above. For information on viewing a video of the incident, please refer to the citation you received in the mail. There will be a Clerk available to respond to your emails and phone calls. Please call (970) 221-6867 during the normal business hours for the CRRL office (Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m to 4:00 p.m. closed for lunch 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.). The preferred mode of communication is email at this point. If you wish to file a motion on your case or pay your violation, please go online to www.fcgov.com/tickets-fines. Payments can also be made by calling (970) 658-4112.
COURT-APPOINTED DEFENSE COUNSEL:
If you are represented by Court-appointed Defense Counsel, contact your attorney regarding the status of your case.
PROBATION / SPECIAL AGENCY SESSION:
If you are on probation and/or participating in the Special Agency Session and you have any questions, please call (970) 416-8003 to speak with the Probation Officer (Bernadette).
MOTIONS, FILINGS, COURT REQUESTS, PROOF OF CLASS OR COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS:
If you have a motion, filing, court request, proof of completion of a class or community service hours, you may email it (see above), fax it to the court at (970) 416-2162 or mail it to the court:
Fort Collins Municipal Court
PO Box 580
Fort Collins, CO 80522
Again, email is preferred.
If you have been assigned to complete an education class, online classes through Court approved vendors are authorized for defendants to take until further notice. Please email your proof of compliance and required essay to Y291cnRAZmNnb3YuY29t.
If you have a payment due (early settlement, payment plan, 14-day notice to pay, etc.), payment can still be made:
- online through nCourt at fcgov.com/tickets-fines (preferred method),
- by mail with check or certified funds, (use the PO box address above)
- using the dropbox located in the north parking of 215 N Mason Street or
- call (970) 658-4112 (Mon-Fri, 6 AM-6 PM and Sat-Sun, 8 AM-12 PM)-due to impacts caused by COVID-19, this vendor is experiencing longer than usual wait time. Online payments are the fastest method.
If you need more time to pay, you will need to email a request form to the court. Forms are available in the forms section of this website. If you have concerns about your ability to pay your fines/costs without it causing hardship to you or your family, please fill out a Petition of Indigence located in the forms section of the Court's web page (see link above) and email it to Y291cnRAZmNnb3YuY29t prior to your scheduled court date..
If you have an active warrant that you are trying to address, you are required to appear in-person prior to 8:30AM on a Monday or Wednesday morning to be added to the docket. Individuals appearing after 8:30AM will be told to come back on another date before 8:30AM.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
The Fort Collins Municipal Court is responsible for administering the operation of the judicial branch of City government according to the ordinance adopted by City Council. Cases adjudicated in Municipal Court include traffic violations, misdemeanors, petty offenses, and civil infractions. Generally, cases are brought to Municipal Court by Fort Collins Police Services, Colorado State University Police Department, other City departments and private residents.
Chief Judge Jill Hueser
Jury Trial Information
Please make sure that you verify that your juror summons is for the City of Fort Collins Municipal Court. There are several courts located in Fort Collins or the local area that hold jury trials. If you are summonsed by another court for jury duty, you will need to contact that court directly for current information.
The Fort Collins Municipal Court currently has the following jury trials scheduled:
December 1, 2020
All other jury trial dates for October and November with this Court have been canceled. Please contact the Municipal Court at Y291cnRAZmNnb3YuY29t if you have any questions on your juror summons.
General Caseload Information
The Court's offices are located in the City of Fort Collins' Administration Building on the north west corner of Laporte Ave. and Mason St., directly across the street from the North Transit Center.
If you have received a citation from one of the enforcement groups listed in the statement above and are scheduled for court, please use the NORTH ENTRANCE to the building to go through security screening prior to your hearing. The building opens for business at 8:00AM. Access to the building prior to its opening is not allowed. Please review the Clerks' Office walk-in customer service hours listed above.
Parking in the downtown area is very limited with some spaces only useable for short periods of time. The City's Civil Center Parking structure is located diagonally from the Administration Building on the south east corner of Laporte Ave. and Mason St. For your information, parking in the structure must be paid for when you park your vehicle, not when your vehicle leaves the structure. Court hearings in general last at least 2 hours and often last up to 4 hours depending on the number of cases scheduled. Please consider this when parking your vehicle.
Camera Radar/Red Light Clerk's Office Information
The CRRL Clerk's office is located within the Municipal Court Clerks' office in the City of Fort Collins' Administration Building, 215 North Mason St. Please use the north entrance to the building. These citations are issued by Fort Collins Police Services and mailed directly to individuals. Please review the hours of operation and contact information listed on your summons and also listed above. The CRRL Clerk's telephone customer service hours are as follows:
- Mon-Fri, 8:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m. and 12:30-4:00 p.m.