Bicycle Friendly Driver Program
The Bicycle Friendly Driver program is a 1 1/2 hour interactive class, taught by Bicycle Ambassadors aimed at educating all drivers on the best and safest ways to share the road with people on bicycles. Developed by FC Bikes in collaboration with Bike Fort Collins the class addresses:
- Why sharing the road is the safest alternative for both motorists and bicyclists
- What's legal and what's not legal, for both motorists and bicyclists
- Common crashes and how to avoid them
- Why bicyclists "take the lane" and what motorists should do in response
- How to navigate bicycle related infrastructure such as: sharrows, bike boxes, and green lanes.
"I bet you save a life everyday with the stuff you teach."
You can request a Bicycle Friendly Driver Class at your business or organization using the form below or by calling 970-221-6987.
Register for Fort Collins public classes through the City of Fort Collins Engage online or by calling 970-221-6987.
- Wednesday, August 15, 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM, 281 North College | Register on Engage
Upon successful completion of the class, participants will receive a Bicycle Friendly Driver certificate and sticker which can be displayed on their vehicle.
Start a Bicycle Friendly Driver Program
Are you interested in starting a Bicycle Friendly Driver program in your community? We’ve created resources to jumpstart the process for you. Access the Toolbox below to download the “Creating a Bicycle Friendly Driver Program in Your Community Toolkit” to learn more about what it takes to create a successful program. The Toolbox also contains electronic class and marketing materials you can customize for your community.Request access to toolbox
For more information: aW5mb0BiaWN5Y2xlYW1iYXNzYWRvcnByb2dyYW0ub3Jn or 970-221-6987
Interested in other bicycle related classes?
Check out all of the offerings from the FC Bikes Bicycle Ambassador Program