The Recreator is a comprehensive community resource that includes information on City of Fort Collins Recreation facilities, programs, events, and activities. The Recreator features a diverse collection of community-wide opportunities for all ages and abilities. The Recreator is published three times per year and available throughout the community and online.
In an effort to serve the Fort Collins community better, the Recreation Department has made a few updates to the registration dates for the upcoming season.
For the fastest service, we highly recommend registering online or in person. Phone coverage will be limited at facilities - please expect at least 24 hours before messages will be returned.
Need help registering? Give us a call at 970-221-6655.
Spring Recreator Summer Recreator Fall/Winter Recreator Recreator Release Week of Dec. 26, 2023 Week of March 25 Week of July 29 Registration Day Adult Programs: Jan. 9
Youth & Family Programs:
Summer Day Camps: Feb. 1
Adult Programs: April 9
Youth & Family Programs: April 11
Adult Programs: Aug. 6
Youth & Family Programs: Aug. 8
Online In Person Over the Phone
Registering online is typically the most efficient way to enroll in programs.
- Select the Register Online button below
- Enter your Household ID number
- Enter your password
Visit one of the following Recreation facilities to register in person.
Call 970-221-6655 and speak with any facility front desk representative to register over the phone.
Please note, phone coverage will be limited on registration day. Please expect at least 24 hours before messages will be returned.
Things to Know#
- Please register at least one week before the first class. Class cancellations are typically made five days before the class start date. If class enrollments are below the minimum requirement, the class may be canceled or combined with another.
- Registrations cannot be approved by an instructor, coach, or official.
Refunds, Transfers, & Cancellations#
Unless otherwise noted, the following refund policy applies to all Recreation programs:
- Refund requests must be made before the second class begins (or during the first week of sports practices). For fitness programs, refund requests must be made 24 hours prior to class start time.
- Programs that only meet once may receive a refund no later than one week prior to the scheduled program start date.
- Ticketed events are either non-refundable or have a date specified as the last day to receive a refund.
- Material fees are non-refundable.
- Refund options include:
- A full credit to your Recreation household account.
- Check or credit refund; minus a $5 service charge per program.
- For refunds less than $5, a Recreation household credit is offered.
- Note: Trips & Travel and Outdoor Recreation programs have additional cancelation policies. View the specific program description for more information or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about a specific program or trip.
- Recreation may cancel programs at staff’s discretion. If a program is canceled for any reason, you will receive a full refund or credit.
- Recreation staff can assist you in finding another program to meet your needs.
- Transfers between programs may occur free of charge, prior to the second meeting of the class on a space-available basis.
- Note: if the new program costs more than the original program, the participant is responsible for paying the difference; alternatively, if the program costs less than the original program, the participant will be given the difference as a credit on the appropriate Recreation household account.
- If your age, grade level, or ability does not meet the minimum requirements, you will be transferred to a program that better suits your needs.
RECREATION RESERVE FUND
The Recreation Reserve Fund enables the City of Fort Collins to provide and sustain high quality recreation services and facilities. To ensure future needs are met, $1 per program enrollment and $2 per hour during facility room rentals are allocated to reserves for future Recreation use. These fees are not discountable.
For more than 30 years, the Recreator has been a lead provider of recreation programming for the Fort Collins community. Companies like yours can increase your reach with Recreator advertising!
The Recreator is produced three times per year, and advertising is available in individual issues, or all three. Paid ads help fund the printing and distribution of this valuable resource guide.