Virtual program options may be available.
In-person programs follow all current County Health Department guidance. Registered participants may receive an email prior to the program start date with details of what to expect, including the following health and wellness protocols and procedures:
- Please ensure 6 ft. physical distance from other families & patrons during drop-off/pick-up.
- Only 1 parent/guardian should accompany child(ren) for check-in/out. If possible, the same parent/guardian should attend both drop-off and pick-up.
- Licensed childcare programs may implement staggered and/or assigned drop-off/pick-up if needed.
- Daily Health Screens & Illness Procedures:
- Parents/guardians should be prepared to answer a series of questions prior to or upon arrival regarding their child(ren)’s temperature, presence of symptoms, recent travel, and potential exposure to anyone with a positive or presumed COVID-19 diagnosis.
- Participants experiencing a fever of 100.4 or higher, or who are exhibiting other symptoms of illness will not be permitted to attend the program.
- Parents/guardians must provide contact information and be available for pick-up during the program should symptoms of illness arise during the program. Participants must be free of all symptoms for at least 24 hours before returning to a program.
- Note: Additional protocols for returning to a program may be required due to exposure to or positive diagnosis of COVID-19 in a participant or household/family member.
- Masks/facial coverings:
- There are currently no mask mandates in place in Larimer County.
- Individuals 3 years and up who are not fully vaccinated are highly encouraged to wear a mask when attending an indoor program.
- Program equipment, materials, and individual supplies:
- Shared classroom equipment, materials, and high-touch surfaces are sanitized frequently throughout daily programs.
- Some programs may provide a supply list for participants to bring individual items for program use.
Individuals of all abilities and ages are welcome to participate in any program listed in the Recreator. If you are interested in participation support due to a disability, or other support need, requests should be made two weeks prior to program start date. To start your request, fill out the Participant Information Form so that we have a better understanding of the participant's medical and behavioral history, as well as their goals for participating in recreational programming.
Early Learning & Enrichment#
Age: 6 years & younger
Recognizing that play is an important part of children’s learning and development, our early learning, and enrichment programs offer play-based learning classes that expose children to new experiences that build confidence and develop cognitive, communication, and social skills. These classes are designed with a selection of single interest, adult with child classes, and playgroup classes designed to prepare children for preschool.
It is recommended that children enrolled in classes without an accompanying, responsible adult are fully toilet trained. Children not yet toilet trained are welcome to attend classes, however, an adult must be available to attend to toileting needs. City of Fort Collins Recreation staff are not permitted to change diapers.
Many classes include a small snack and/or cooking-type activities. Please denote any dietary restrictions when registering and inform class instructors on the first day of class.
- Curious Twos | 2 years
- Fun & Fitness | 2.5-4 years
- Storybook Theater | 3-6 years
- Pretend with Friends | 3-6 years
- Art Start | 1.5-4 years *with adult
- Art in the Afternoon | 3-6 years
- Art Studio | 3-6 years
- I Want to be a Scientist | 3-6 years
- Discover S.T.E.M. | 3-6 years
- LEGO with Friends | 3-6 years
- Preschool Tools | 3-6 years
Tot Gym is back! Bring the little ones in for some fun, self-paced gym time. Balls, blocks, a mini jump house, an obstacle course for plasma cars, and other activities are set up. All children must be accompanied and actively supervised by an adult. Registration is not required; $4 drop-in fee per participating child. Free admission for accompanying adults and non-participating infants/siblings.
Foothills Activity Center
- Mondays only starting 9/13: 10 a.m.-noon
Northside Aztlan Center
- Thursdays only starting 9/9: 10 a.m.-noon
Funtime Preschool Program#
Ages: 3-5 years
A state-licensed childcare program focused on the development of readiness skills through child-directed discovery and teacher-led activities. Comprehensive curriculum content includes the development of fine motor, cognitive, gross motor, social, emotional, and early literacy skills. The play-based, intentional approach encourages self-regulation, critical thinking, and problem-solving.
Registration & Enrollment Forms
An annual, non-refundable $30 materials fee per child is due upon initial registration in the Funtime Preschool Program. This fee covers processing registrations, transfers, and cancellations, Family Information Meetings held prior to start of seasonal sessions, health profiles in the required ePACT Emergency Network, daily sunscreen use throughout the summer session, and a Funtime Preschool bag to aid in storing daily belongings. Note: This fee is required once per calendar year for each enrolled child.
Before programs begin, you will receive an emailed invitation to complete online health profiles through ePACT Emergency Network. All forms and waivers must be completed prior to participation. Completed forms, including physician signatures, can either be uploaded into ePACT profiles or hand-delivered to staff at Northside Aztlan Center. Read more about why we use ePACT here.
- Funtime Preschool Program Participation Manual
- General Health Appraisal Form (REQUIRED prior to attendance)
- Family Information Questionnaire
Questions? Contact Lisa Freeman, Preschool Director at 970.416.2528 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Funtime for Preschoolers (ages 3-4*)
A play-based, child-directed, and teacher-guided approach encourages self-regulation, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills. *Must turn 3 years of age prior to first day of attendance.
Date & Time: Meets August through May | T/Th | 9:30 a.m.-noon
Funtime for Pre-K (ages 4-5*)
Comprehensive Kindergarten-readiness curriculum includes development of fine motor, cognitive, gross motor, social-emotional, and early literacy skills. *Must turn 4 years of age by 10/1/21.
Date & Time: Meets August through May | M/W/F | 9:30 a.m.-noon
Lunch Bunch for Pre-K
*Concurrent registration in Funtime Pre-K required
Date & Time: Meets August through May | W/F | noon-2 p.m.
Dance, S.T.E.M., & Education#
Dance, S.T.E.M., and Education programs offer something for everyone with a variety of progressive, structured, and skill-based classes along with free-spirited and high energy classes.
Winter programs coming soon!
Camp FunQuest - Day Camps & After School Enrichment Programs#
Ages: 5-15 years
Keep children S.I.L.L.Y. (Safe, Intelligent, Loving, Laughing, You) with these fun youth programs that are designed to keep children active, learning, and finding their passions.
Camp FunQuest is a state-licensed childcare program that keeps children engaged when school is out of session. Unique activities including games, crafts, S.T.E.M., and field trips (when possible), are designed with children’s age, developmental stage, and interests in mind.
All programs operate Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. at the Northside Aztlan Center unless otherwise noted. Families must provide a water bottle and appropriate clothing/gear for outdoor play each day, and a peanut-free sack lunch and 2 healthy snacks for full day programs.
An emailed invitation to complete online health profiles through ePACT Emergency Network will be sent after registration. All enrolled children must have a completed online health profile through ePACT Emergency Network before programs begin. Per childcare licensing requirements, all forms and waivers must be completed prior to participation, including current immunization records or exemption forms, and any required medication administration forms. Completed forms can either be uploaded into ePACT or hand-delivered to Northside Aztlan Center. Note: If you completed forms for Summer Camp 2021, you do not need to complete them again. Learn more about why we use ePACT here.
Questions? Contact Rachel Pollack, Camp Director and Program Coordinator, at 970.221.6357 or email@example.com.
Adventures in Art: Explore different forms of art and learn how to create your own masterpiece using that technique. Artists will learn to use their creativity and knowledge when making art.
Ages: 5-11 years
Dates & Times: Tuesdays, weekly from 4:30-5:30pm
Creative Chefs: Become creative and confident chefs while learning how to make healthy but tasty dishes and how to stay safe in the kitchen.
Ages: 8-11 years
Dates & Times: Thursdays, weekly from 4:30-5:30 p.m.
Kids Night In: Kids enjoy a fun night in while family members run errands, get caught up on chores, or dare we say it, enjoy a date night out free of kids.
Ages: 5-11 years
Dates & Times: Fridays, monthly from 5-9 p.m.
Children stay busy with fun, structured activities that focus on social-emotional learning when schools have a scheduled-out day.
Ages: 5-11 years
- 9/17 | Community Helpers/Laser Tag
- 10/14-10/15 | Dreadful Desserts/Bakery Tour
- 11/8 | Fall Harvest/Pumpkin Patch
Teens stay active and engaged with adventurous activities during their scheduled school’s out days. Days are full of physical activity, skill development and social fulfillment.
Ages: 12-15 years
- 9/17 | Trail Hike
- 10/14-10/15 | Ropes Course
- 11/8 | Trampoline Park
Days are filled with indoor games, field trips, arts & crafts, S.T.E.M., and outdoor activities. Enroll based on child’s age group: Marmot (ages 5-6); Red Fox (ages 7-8); Big Horn (ages 9-11); Black Bear (ages 12-15).
12/20-12/23 | Popular Pastimes/Roller Skating
12/27-12/30 | World Explorers/Planetarium