In-person programs follow all current County Health Department guidance. Registered participants may receive an email prior to the program start date with details of what to expect, including the following health and wellness protocols and procedures:
- Please maintain 6 ft. physical distance from other families & patrons during drop-off/pick-up.
- Daily Health Screens & Illness Procedures:
- Parents/guardians should be prepared to answer a series of questions prior to or upon arrival regarding their child(ren)’s presence of symptoms and potential exposure to anyone with a positive or presumed COVID-19 diagnosis.
- Participants experiencing a fever of 100.4 or higher, or who are exhibiting other symptoms of illness will not be permitted to attend the program.
- Parents/guardians must provide contact information and be available for pick-up during the program should symptoms of illness arise during the program. Participants must be free of all symptoms for at least 24 hours before returning to a program.
- Note: Additional protocols for returning to a program may be required due to exposure to or positive diagnosis of COVID-19 in a participant or household/family member.
- Mask/facial coverings
- Individuals 3 years and up are required to wear a mask while in public indoor spaces.
- Program equipment, materials, and individual supplies:
- Shared classroom equipment, materials, and high-touch surfaces are sanitized frequently throughout daily programs.
Individuals of all abilities and ages are welcome to participate in any program listed in the Recreator. If you are interested in participation support due to a disability, or other support need, requests should be made two weeks prior to program start date. To start your request, fill out the Participant Information Form so that we have a better understanding of the participant's medical and behavioral history, as well as their goals for participating in recreational programming.
Qualified participants receive a discount on all recreation programming, including a 70% discount on licensed childcare programs, Funtime Preschool, and Camp FunQuest.
Early Learning & Enrichment
Funtime Preschool Program
Dance, S.T.E.M. & Education
Early Learning & Enrichment#
Age: 6 years & younger
Recognizing that play is an important part of children’s learning and development, our early learning, and enrichment programs offer play-based learning classes that expose children to new experiences that build confidence and develop cognitive, communication, and social skills. These classes are designed with a selection of single interest, adult with child classes, and playgroup classes designed to prepare children for preschool.
It is recommended that children enrolled in classes without an accompanying, responsible adult are fully toilet trained. Children not yet toilet trained are welcome to attend classes, however, an adult must be available to attend to toileting needs. City of Fort Collins Recreation staff are not permitted to change diapers.
Many classes include a small snack and/or cooking-type activities. Please denote any dietary restrictions when registering and inform class instructors on the first day of class.
- Mother Hubbard's Cupboard | 2-3 years *Parent & Child Class
- Fun & Fitness | 2.5-4 years
- Preschool Discovery | 2-3.5 years
- Pretend with Friends | 3-6 years
- Pretty Parties | 3-6 years
- Playdough World | 3-6 years
- Playful Pets | 3-6 years
- Hospital Helpers | 3-6 years
- Small Hands Big Messy Art | 18 months-2 years
- Art Discovery | 3-6 years
- Art in the Afternoon | 3-6 years
- Preschool Tools | 3-6 years
- Those Amazing Dinosaurs | 3-6 years
- Science Explorers
Funtime Preschool Program#
Ages: 3-5 years
Funtime Preschool Now Enrolling for Fall!
Funtime Preschool Program is a state-licensed childcare program for ages 3-5 years focused on the development of readiness skills through child-directed discovery and teacher-led activities. Comprehensive curriculum content includes development of fine motor, cognitive, gross motor, social emotional and early literacy skills. The play-based, intentional approach encourages self-regulation, critical thinking and problem-solving.
This school year-round preschool program follows the Poudre School District (PSD) calendar for most school days off and holiday breaks but does not follow PSD delays or closures due to inclement weather. Teacher conferences are held in October and opportunities for family engagement events including picnics, seasonal performances, and transition celebrations will be communicated to enrolled families throughout the school year. Note: Fall Classes will not be held on 9/16, 10/13, 10/14, 11/11, 11/21, 11/22, 11/23, 11/24, 11/25
Enrollment Information, Initial Registration
& Monthly Tuition Fees
Fall class session fees are based on $19.50 per scheduled day of classes. Full session fees are divided into monthly payments, beginning with the initial payment, then monthly, September through November, and are due prior to the 15th of each month, for the upcoming month’s payment.
Emergency Contact & Student Health Information
An invitation to complete online health profiles through ePACT Emergency Network will be emailed prior to the start of each session and must be completed prior to participation. All required forms including an annual General Health Appraisal form with physician signature, current immunization records (or exemption form), and any required medication administration forms, can either be uploaded into ePACT profiles or hand-delivered to Northside Aztlan Community Center.
Read more about why we use ePACT here.
- Funtime Preschool Program Participation Manual
- General Health Appraisal Form (REQUIRED prior to attendance)
- Family Information Questionnaire
Questions? Contact Savannah Vallejos, Preschool Director at 970-221-6871 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Designed for younger children new to the camp experience. Half-day and full-day options available. Along with structured, themed camp activities such as songs, games, crafts, science sports, and movement, a weekly walking field trip to local parks, time for lunch, and an optional quiet time for full-day campers will be incorporated into camp.
- Welcome Week: Meet new friends and get to know your teachers
- Hide and Seek: Find the hidden indoor and outdoor fun
- Little Chefs: Measure, stir, mix & eat your creations
- Superheroes Week: Play with favorites, create your own
- Mini Maker Week: Create, build, discover, and play
- Water Week: Slip-n-slide, sprinklers, and splash games
- Dinosaur Week: Learn about all things prehistoric
- Animal Week: Learn about different animals from around the world
- Mad Science: A week of oooey, gooey fun and hands on activities
- Pirate Week: Build a pirate ship, take to the high seas and search for treasure
- Camp Rewind Week: Revisit all of our favorite summer activities
7:30-8:30 a.m. Check-in/Open Centers 8:30-9 a.m. Morning Round-up 9-10 a.m. Themed Activity/Play 10-10:15 a.m. Morning Snack 10:15-10:45 a.m. Outdoor Games 10:45-11:30 a.m. Themed Activity/Play 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Lunch 12:30-1 p.m. Playground Time 1-1:30 p.m. Mindfulness/Rest Time 1:30-2 p.m. Quiet Time/Table Activities 2-3 p.m. Intro to REC Time 3-3:30 p.m. Outdoor Games 3:30-4:30 p.m. Themed Activity/Play 4:30-5:30 p.m. Check-out/Open Centers
Funtime for Preschoolers (ages 3-4*)
A play-based, child-directed, and teacher-guided approach encourages self-regulation, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills. *Must turn 3 years of age prior to first day of attendance.
Date & Time: Meets August through May | T/Th | 9:30 a.m.-noon
Funtime for Pre-K (ages 4-5*)
Comprehensive Kindergarten-readiness curriculum includes development of fine motor, cognitive, gross motor, social-emotional, and early literacy skills. *Must turn 4 years of age by 10/1/21.
Date & Time: Meets August through May | M/W/F | 9:30 a.m.-noon
Lunch Bunch for Pre-K
*Concurrent registration in Funtime Pre-K required
Date & Time: Meets August through May | W/F | noon-2 p.m.
Dance, S.T.E.M., & Education#
Dance, S.T.E.M., and Education programs offer something for everyone with a variety of progressive, structured, and skill-based classes along with free-spirited and high energy classes.
- Tip Toes & Tutu’s | 2-3 years *with adult
- Tip, Tap, Toe | 2-4 years
- Leaps & Beats | 5-7 years
- Tiny Dancers | 2.5-5 years
- Dansation | 6-10 years
- Roly Poly’s | 2-3 years
- Dancin’ Dumplin’s | 3-5 years
- Tumble Bumbles | 4-8 years
- Tappin’ & Tumbling | 6-8 years
- Jazz Dance Gymnastics | 7-9 years
- Just Dance | 8-9 years
- Just Tumbling | 8-9 years
- LEGO Winter Wonderland Engineering | 5-7 years
- LEGO Winter Wonderland Challenge | 8-12 years
Camp FunQuest - Day Camps & After School Enrichment Programs#
Ages: 5-15 years
Keep children S.I.L.L.Y. (Safe, Intelligent, Loving, Laughing, and uniquely You) with these fun youth programs that are designed to keep children active, learning, and finding their passions.
Camp FunQuest is a full-day, state-licensed childcare program when school is out of session and during summer break. Unique activities including games, crafts, S.T.E.M., and field trips, are designed with children’s age, developmental stage, and interests in mind.
All programs operate Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. at the Northside Aztlan Community Center, unless otherwise noted. Families must provide a peanut-free sack lunch, two healthy snacks, a water bottle, and appropriate clothing/gear for outdoor play each day.
An emailed invitation to complete online health profiles through ePACT Emergency Network will be sent after registration. All enrolled children must have a completed online health profile through ePACT Emergency Network before programs start. Per childcare licensing requirements, all forms and waivers must be completed prior to participation, including current immunization records or exemption forms, and any required medication administration forms. Completed forms can either be uploaded into ePACT or hand-delivered to Northside Aztlan Center. NOTE: All forms will need to be reconfirmed in March 2022 for spring break and summer camp programs.
Questions? Contact Kyle Urich, Camp Director and Program Coordinator, at 970-221-6357 or email@example.com.
Kids Night In: Kids enjoy a fun night in at Northside Aztlan Community Center while family members run errands, get caught up on chores, or dare we say it, enjoy a date night out free of kids. Dinner provided. NEW discounted sibling admission after one full paid admission. Note: Children must be fully potty trained to attend.
- Ages: 3-11 years
- Dates & Times: Fridays, monthly from 5-9 p.m.
Masterful Makers: This hands-on class will fuel your imagination by learning new skills and expressing your creativity through creating and making fun crafts, inventions, and more.
- Ages: 5-7 years
- Dates & Times: Thursdays, weekly from 4:30-5:30 p.m.
Creative Chefs: Become creative and confident chefs by learning how to make healthy but tasty dishes while being safe in the kitchen. Chefs will make new friends, improve social skills, and expand their math, science, and art skills.
- Ages: 8-11 years
- Dates & Times: Mondays, weekly from 4:30-6 p.m.
Mystery Sciences: Find your inner scientist and discover the mysterious world of science by solving problems, creating new inventions, and engaging in science experiments and games.
- Ages: 8-11 years
- Dates & Times: Wednesdays, weekly from 4:30-5:30 p.m.
Children stay busy with fun, structured activities that focus on social-emotional learning when schools have a scheduled-out day. Cost of daily field trip admission included in camp fees.
Ages: 5-11 years
- 4/15 | Artful Antics/Art Museum
- 5/16 | Goin’ Green/Environmental Learning Center
Camp themes guide activity planning with a general daily structure that repeats weekly. Typical camp activities such as songs, games, crafts, science, and sports are coupled with exciting field trips, swimming, and an introduction to a variety of recreational activities.
*Looking for a day camp experience for your 4-5-year-old? Check out the new Funtime Adventures day camp program.
Camp Schedule & Themes
- Week 1 | June 1-3 (Wed-Fri, at Northside Aztlan Community Center location only) | Let’s Be S.I.L.L.Y.
- Week 2 | June 6-10 | Call of the Wild
- Week 3 | June 13-17 | Animaltopia
- Week 4 | June 20-24 | Lights, Camera, Action!
- Week 5 | June 27-July 1 | Grossology
- Week 6 | July 5-8 (Tues-Fri only) | Road Trip U.S.A.
- Week 7 | July 11-15 | Splash Week
- Week 8 | July 18-22 | Blowing Off S.T.E.A.M.
- Week 9 | July 25-29 | Game On!
- Week 10 | August 1-5 | Past, Present, Future
- Week 11 | August 8-12 | Summer Rewind
Family Information Meetings
A required, pre-summer orientation will be held May 4, 2022 to discuss all camp topics including how to use ePACT, how to enroll in additional enrichment activities, what to bring to camp, and behavioral expectations of campers. Meeting details will be emailed one week prior to all enrolled families.
Add On Weekly Enrichments - NEW!
Additional weekly enrichments including swim lessons, learn to skate, and extended field trips will be available for optional enrollments beginning with summer registration on April 14, 2022.
Weekly Enrollments, Deposits & Cancellations
A minimum deposit of $20/week per child is due at the time of enrollment. Remaining fees for camp weeks will be due by monthly designated due dates:
- June camp weeks due February 28
- July camp weeks due March 31
- August camp weeks due April 29
Camp week transfers can be made without penalty as long as space is available.
Cancellation requests can be submitted by emailing your original purchase receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marmot Red Fox Big Horn Standard Weekly Fees $250 $250 $250 Week 1: June 1-3
$165 $165 $165 Week 6: July 5-8
$212 $212 $212
Age: 5-6 years *must have completed Kindergarten in Spring 2022
Age: 7-8 years
- Northside Aztlan Community Center
- Due to the high demand of the Red Fox group at Northside Aztlan Community Center, there will be two sections for the entire summer. To ensure grouping with family and/or friends, please sign up for all the preferred weeks in either Red Fox I or Red Fox II, but not both.
- Foothills Activity Center
Age: 9-11 years
A camp experience designed for active teens ages 12-15 years, with full days of skill development, leadership training, social fulfillment, and physical activity. Black Bear camp is located at Northside Aztlan Community Center only. Camp runs Monday-Friday from 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Camp Schedule & Themes
- June 6-10 | Nature Conservation
- June 13-17 | Life with Animals
- June 20-24 | Creative Arts
- June 27-July 1 | World of Science
- July 5-8 (Tues-Fri only) | Road Mechanics
- July 11-15 | Aquatic Explorations
- July 18-22 | S.T.E.A.M.
- July 25-29 | Games, Players, & Makers
- August 1-5 | Past, Present, Future
- August 8-12 | Summer Rewind
- Mondays: Absorb It! Learn all about the area of occupation based on the weekly theme.
- Tuesdays: Browse It! Explore the weekly theme and all it entails.
- Wednesday: Connect It! Meet real-life professionals in the field.
- Thursday: Do It! Jump in and practice the skills learned.
- Friday: Enjoy It! Relax with a fun-filled, full day field trip.
Black Bear Standard Weekly Fees $280 Week 6: July 5-8 (Tu-F only) $224
Youth enjoy open crafts and gym games at no charge. Structured supervision is not provided; staff or volunteers are available to assist as needed. Children under 10 must be accompanied by an older sibling or responsible adult. No registration is required. Drop-in fees are waived for youth ages 17 and under. Accompanying adults 18 and over must pay a $5 daily drop-in fee or utilize a membership pass.
Ages: 5-17 years
Dates & Times: Thursdays, weekly from 4-9 p.m.