The Outdoor Recreation program provides physical, mental and emotional challenges resulting in social interaction, improved physical health, well being and increased knowledge. Adults have the opportunity to participate in hikes, downhill skiing, snowshoeing, rafting, fishing and many more outdoor activities. Our day trips and overnight trips allow adults to visit wilderness and escape from the routine and pressure of daily life to enjoy the peace and tranquility of nature.
To register for the programs below, visit our online database and search for the class to register. You can also call 970-221-6655 to register over the phone. Additional programs can be found in the Recreator.
Designed for adults who enjoy a good physical outing. All trips depart from the Senior Center and are open to those 18 years & up.
- Thursday, June 7: Deer Mountain
- Tuesday, June 12: B-17 Bomber Site, Pingree Park
- Wednesday, June 20: Cirque Meadows
- Tuesday, June 26: Sand Beach, RMNP
- Thursday, July 5: Montgomery Pass
Designed for adults who enjoy a physical outing, but prefer a more leisurely walk rather than a hiking trip.
- Thursday, May 17: Mt. Margaret
- Friday, May 25: Mt. McConnell
- Wednesday, June 27: Homestead Meadows, Hermit Park
- Thursday, July 12: Twin Lakes Valley Loop
- Friday, July 27: Gould Loop to Ranger Lakes