Recreation Subscriptions Recreation Subscriptions
Fall FunQuest: Learning Journey
Starting Monday, August 24, kiddos can join Camp FunQuest for traditional camp activities, homework time, sports, field trips, & more! From August 24 through October 15 there will be two program options:
- Monday - Thursday: Traditional Camp with Licensed Child Care
- Available for ages 5-11 years; weekly fee of $150
- Friday: Outdoor Adventure Camp
- Available for ages 5-15 years; daily fee of $45
Does your family qualify for our Reduced Fee program?
Reduced Fee participants qualify for a 70% discount on all recreation programming, including FunQuest.
The health and safety of our participants and staff is our top priority, and we have been working diligently with state childcare licensing and public health partners to modify the structure, schedules, and procedures of Camp FunQuest programs related to COVID-19.
This fall, camp programs will run from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and 8 a.m.-5 p.m. on Friday. All activities will take place on-site, or in a nearby park.
Camp Registration Details:
- After registration, an invitation will come through email to complete online health profiles through ePACT Emergency Network. To meet childcare licensing requirements, all forms and waivers must be completed prior to participation, including uploading current immunization records and any required medication administration forms (forms completed for 2020 summer camp do not need to be done again; invitations will be sent only to newly enrolled families).
- Families are asked to communicate regularly with FunQuest Learning Journey staff through in-person conversation at drop-off and pick-up, and also through email (an email address will be provided for you after registration) regarding learning needs and workloads.
- Our Adaptive Recreation team is available for support as well. Fill out the Participant Information Form online here. Or, you may also request inclusion support at the time of registration.
- Cancellations must be made at least 5 calendar days before the start of each week (Tuesday of the week prior). Cancellations made within 5 calendar days of the camp week start date are subject to a $20 non-refundable cancellation fee. Submit cancellation requests by emailing your original purchase receipt to PGFjbGFzcz0=">cmVjcmVhdGlvbkBmY2dvdi5jb20=.
- Our program may adapt and change in order to meet the needs of our enrolled families, based on available staffing and resources within the Recreation Department. We encourage you to always send feedback, questions, or concerns to us by reaching out to Sarah Gagne, Recreation Supervisor at (970) 221-6337 or c2dhZ25lQGZjZ292LmNvbQ==.
Following the current CDC and County Health Department guidance, participants should expect the following protocols and procedures:
- Staggered drop-off and pick-up times to take place outside of the facility along with daily health screens upon arrival including temperature checks.
- Campers with fevers over 100.4, or those displaying other COVID-19 related symptoms, will not be admitted into the facility or will be sent home if symptoms develop throughout the day.
- Staff will be required to wear a mask or facial covering while working directly with campers.
- Campers must bring a mask or facial covering to camp and are required to wear it in all common areas including entering the building and walking in the hallways.
- Campers are encouraged to continue to wear their masks while inside their camp room with their assigned group. Masks may be safely stored inside backpacks during this time as long as physical distancing measured are followed, if campers are eating or if it restricts breathing or causes other potential health hazards.
- Campers will be assigned to groups weekly and groups will not comingle outdoors or in common areas within the building. Staff will be assigned to work with the same groups of children to the greatest extent possible, including ARO support staff.
- Groups will have separate activity supplies and equipment to the greatest extent possible. Shared materials and equipment will be sanitized between use.
- Campers will be provided with individual supplies of regular work and craft materials (pencils, markers, scissors, glue, etc.) that will be sanitized weekly. Shared classroom materials will be sanitized regularly.
- High-touch surfaces such as door handles and light switches will be sanitized frequently within the camp rooms and also throughout the facility.
- Restrooms will be shared amongst age groups and will be sanitized in between use by campers from different groups.
- Should a single, positive case of COVID-19 occur in a staff or camper, parents/guardians will be notified immediately to pick up their camper(s). Per health department guidelines, that group will be required to quarantine at home for 14 days. Thorough disinfection of all materials and equipment in that camp room, and the room itself, will take place before camps are allowed to start up in that space again.
Additional Day Camps
Other available camp opportunities include:
- Jedi Engineering
- Jedi Master Engineering
- Animal Architects
- Engineering the Future
- Harry Potter Magical Engineering
- Harry Potter Magical Master Engineering
- Intro to STEM
- STEM Challenge
- Minecraft Engineering
- Minecraft Master Engineering
- Engineering the Future
- Super Sleuth Academy
- Bubbling Beakers