Congratulations to our Block Party Trailer & Movie Screen Winners!
The Block Party Trailer and Inflatable Movie Screen were awarded through random drawing for use at Neighborhood Night Out 2023 events. This year's winners are: Oakridge 8 and Provincetowne Condos! Congratulations!
Neighborhood Night Out - August 1, 2023#
Neighborhood Night Out is an opportunity to celebrate some of the special things that makes Fort Collins such a great place to live - your neighbors and community! Neighborhood Night Out is typically held on the first Tuesday night of August each year. Neighborhood Night Out 2023 is Tuesday, August 1st.
As part of a nationwide program, neighbors across Fort Collins get outside and connect with their community by hosting "parties with a purpose", combining fun-filled social events like block parties and ice cream socials with educational or community service activities. Visit this page for updates and ideas for activities to complement parties and address environmental and social sustainability.
Neighborhood Night Out hosts can request visits to their event by City Council, Police Services, Poudre Fire Authority, and City Staff.
The first 100 Neighborhood Night Out events registered with the City of Fort Collins Neighborhood Services will receive a $25 gift card for their event needs. Events registered after the official July 1st registration deadline may be eligible for gift cards, but will not be on the maps for visits by elected officials, City staff, and public safety staff. For questions or to be added to the NNO email list, contact us at NSPrograms@fcgov.com.
Neighborhood Night Out events are required to follow current COVID-19 safety guidelines for public gatherings set by the Larimer County Health Department. These guidelines are subject to change quickly in response to changing conditions.
Apartment communities, businesses, and neighborhoods are encouraged to participate! Limited grant funding for Neighborhood Night Out events is available. Applications for Neighborhood Night Out will be open from April 15 - July 1, 2023. If you have an idea for a different project for your neighborhood, then please check out our Neighborhood Services Mini-Grant program! Applications for grant funding of $150-$1,000 per neighborhood can be submitted from April 15 - June 15, 2023 at Neighborhood Services Mini-Grants.
Applications will be evaluated against the following criteria:
• Inclusivity - Is there a plan to make people aware of the project or to invite people to participate? Is the project considerate of the wants/needs of other neighbors?
• Planning – Does the application clearly describe the project/activity and identify any helpers, outreach/coordination, a timeline, a proposed budget, etc.
• Sustainability – Does the proposal consider sustainable practices? (e.g., encouraging reusable options, eating lower on the food chain, composting, etc.)
• City Priorities – Does the proposal align with one or more City priorities?
Consideration will also be given to:
• Neighborhood size
• Projects/activities that benefit an underserved area and community such as the Designated Opportunity Neighborhoods
• Neighborhoods who have never received funds
• Neighborhoods who have successfully managed City grant-funded projects in the past