About Neighborhood Services#
We promote healthy neighborhoods. Fort Collins is filled with great neighborhoods and this is a big reason many people want to live here. Great neighborhoods start with knowing your neighbors. Knowing your neighbors is the first step to creating a friendly, safe, and welcoming community.
Neighborhood Services offers a variety of services and programming to promote quality neighborhoods including:
- assistance in organizing your neighborhood or meeting facilitation
- free use of our copier for a neighborhood newsletters or fliers
- a Neighborhood Grant Program for help financially with big projects or events
- an Adopt-A-Neighbor Program for residents who need help shoveling snow
- helpful wording for common neighborhood letters or emails
- a free e-newsletter called Neighborhood News with articles for your newsletter
- free welcome bags for new neighbors.
- free and confidential conflict resolution services through our Community Mediation program are available to residents of Fort Collins
- a Community Liaison, funded jointly by the City of Fort Collins and Colorado State University, who implements programs to enhance relations between students and their neighbors
281 N College Ave: Reopening Information
281 N College offices will be reopening in a limited capacity Monday - Thursday, 9AM to 4PM.- Virtual Services are still recommended when possible. In-person appointments are highly recommended.
The City remains committed to providing customer service during this time. Customers may contact us M-F 8am-5pm using the following information:
- Neighborhood Services | firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-224-6046
- Building Permitting | email@example.com or 970-221-6760
- Building Plan Review | firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-416-2757
- Zoning | email@example.com or 970-416-2745
- Development Review Coordinators | firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-221-6689
- Historic Preservation | email@example.com
- Planning | firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-416-4311
- Contractor Licensing | please submit electronically to email@example.com; payment will be collected over the phone at the time of processing
For more information on the City's coronavirus response, visit fcgov.com/coronavirus.
Entrance to the building will be from College Avenue, and visitors are asked to follow directional signs posted inside. All virtual services continue to be available, and we encourage you to use them if possible. For in-person service, appointments are recommended as response times may be longer due to reduced staff. All services may not be available in person. Appointments can be scheduled by contacting a department directly.
Regarding Legal Questions
Any citizen seeking information about his or her individual rights and responsibilities should contact a private attorney, or seek other legal assistance. Neighborhood Services staff cannot offer any legal advice.