About Neighborhood Services#
We promote healthy neighborhoods. Fort Collins is filled with great neighborhoods and this is a big reason many people want to live here. Great neighborhoods start with knowing your neighbors. Knowing your neighbors is the first step to creating a friendly, safe, and welcoming community.
Neighborhood Services offers a variety of services and programming to promote quality neighborhoods including:
- assistance in organizing your neighborhood or meeting facilitation
- free use of our copier for a neighborhood newsletters or fliers
- a Neighborhood Grant Program for help financially with big projects or events
- an Adopt-A-Neighbor Program for residents who need help shoveling snow
- helpful wording for common neighborhood letters or emails
- a free e-newsletter called Neighborhood News with articles for your newsletter
- free welcome bags for new neighbors.
- free and confidential conflict resolution services through our Community Mediation program are available to residents of Fort Collins
- a Community Liaison, funded jointly by the City of Fort Collins and Colorado State University, who implements programs to enhance relations between students and their neighbors
Regarding Legal Questions
Any citizen seeking information about his or her individual rights and responsibilities should contact a private attorney, or seek other legal assistance. Neighborhood Services staff cannot offer any legal advice.