Contact Information Contact Information
Neighborhood Services Newsletter Neighborhood Services Newsletter
Mobile Home Neighborhoods
Mobile Home Parks are important private, unsubsidized, affordable housing in Fort Collins. Neighborhood Services Staff is working with Mobile Home Park residents and nonprofit community partners to address the critical need for programs focused on manufactured housing livability and safety, preservation of these as an affordable housing option, and equitable access to City resources in historically underserved neighborhoods and populations.
In addition to the relative affordability of manufactured homes, this type of housing has many benefits for
• Privacy and a single-family housing lifestyle
• Private or semi-private outdoor areas and gardens
• Strong sense of community
• Access to community amenities, if available (pools, playgrounds, community centers, etc.)
Mobile Home Park residents may own or rent their home, but the land underneath is rented from a community landowner.
For residents this can lead to:
• Frequent and unpredictable housing cost increases
• Housing instability and fear of potential community closure and displacement
• Difficulty and cost of moving homes
• Power dynamics with owners/operators and limited tenant protections
New Local & State Laws Protect Mobile Home Park Residents
Colorado Mobile Home Park Dispute Resolution Program
New in 2020!
Mobile Home Owners, Mobile Home Park property managers, and property owners can file a complaint with the Colorado Mobile Home Park Oversight Program to report violations of state law.
The Mobile Home Park Oversight Program accepts complaints from:
- Mobile/manufactured home owners;
- Individuals on rent-to-own or lease-to-own agreements for mobile/manufactured homes;
- Home Owners’ Associations;
- Mobile home park owners; and
- Mobile home park managers.
The Mobile Home Park Oversight Program accepts complaints for:
- Rent increase
- Failure to pay rent
- Lease/rent agreement
- Removal of home
- Park rules/regulations
- Sale of park
- Sale of mobile home
- Health/safety/welfare of home owner/landlord
- Appearance of mobile home/lot
- And more!
City of Fort Collins Mobile Home Park Complaint System
The City of Fort Collins can assist renters, home owners, residents, property managers, and mobile home park owners. Have concerns about your mobile home park? Questions about water utility billing? Want to start a neighborhood association? Neighborhood Services can help connect you with City resources and services.
1. Click the link below
2. Select "Neighborhoods"
3. Select "Neighborhood Resources & Support"
4. Click "Next" & Fill in your information/request
Neighborhood Services can accept anonymous requests and complaints.
Mobile Home Neighborhoods in Fort Collins
10 Mobile Home Neighborhoods are in the City of Fort Collins. 14 Mobile Home Neighborhoods are in the Growth Management Area ("GMA") for the City of Fort Collins. The GMA is the area surrounding city limits where the City of Fort Collins expects to grow in the future and a plan for land development and annexation.
Neighborhood Mini Grants: Typically range from $150-$500 to support neighborhood events and projects.
Mini Subvenciones: por lo general oscilan entre $150 y $500 para apoyar eventos y proyectos del vecindario.
Block Party Trailer: Full of games and free to use at your neighborhood event. Reservations open April 1, 2021
lleno de juegos y de uso gratuito para evento en su vecindario. Reservas abiertas el 1 de abril de 2021.
Inflatable Movie Screen & Projector: Free to use at your neighborhood movie night. Reservations open April 1, 2021.
Pantalla de cine inflable y proyector: de uso gratuito para noche de cine en su vecindario. Reservas abiertas el 1 de abril de 2021.