Contact Information Contact Information
Natural Areas Newsletter Natural Areas Newsletter
Natural Areas Stewardship Opportunities
Monthly Stewardship Projects
Individuals, families and small groups can participate in community stewardship volunteer projects offered approximately monthly, May-October. These actitivites are announced in Enews (subscribe on this page) and registration is through Engage. Often projects are offered in conjunction with these special dates:
- Earth Day - April
- National Volunteer Week- April
- Colorado Public Lands Day- May
- National Trails Day- June
- Native Plant Gardening Days- Once a month in June, July, August
- National Public Lands Day- September
- Make a Difference Week- October
Request A Project For Your Group
Stewardship volunteer projects are great for team-building, networking, and camaraderie. Projects in this section are for larger groups.
- Login or create an account in Engage. It is easy and free! Need assistance? Call us at 970-416-2815 or email bmF0dXJhbGFyZWFzQGZjZ292LmNvbQ== .
- Complete the Group Stewardship Project Request form.
- Staff from the City of Fort Collins Natural Areas Department will contact you soon. Your request is not confirmed until you are contacted by a staff person.
Keep in mind:
- Service projects are dependent on the needs of the natural areas.
- Six weeks notice is preferred. A minimum of two weeks notice is required.
- A "group" has a minimum of eight (8) volunteers.
- Due to high demand, two activities per group per year are permitted.
Contact For Stewardship Volunteer Opportunities
Diane Wendt, Natural Areas Stewardship Coordinator
970-224-6153 (office) 970-456-3685 (cell)