Natural Areas is Listening
The draft Poudre River Zone Update will be available by May 1 for review and comment here.
Please share your input on how ten Urban Zone natural areas and local natural spaces are managed. Your feedback will inform the priorities and tactics that will appear in the draft Zone Update.
Easy to get to from the Poudre Trail and nearby neighborhoods, this site is an enjoyable part of the natural area experience along the north side of the Poudre River. Look for waterfowl and birds such as killdeers, belted kingfishers, and song sparrows.
Ranger at Salyer Natural Area Bridge, Photo by Ryan Burke
Red Fox at Salyer Natural Area
Bridge Between Legacy Park and Salyer Natural Area in the Winter
Nearest parking is at the west end of Woodlawn Drive or the west end of Hemlock Street (at approximately 499 Hemlock St). Trail access from Lee Martinez Park and McMurry Natural Area.
Activities and Events#
- Free educational activities and events in June-October are listed in the Natural Areas Explorer booklet guide.
- Last minute activity additions, trail recommendations and events offered between November-May are in our free monthly electronic newsletter- sign up on this page.
- Bird Checklist- Courtesy of Fort Collins Audubon Society
- Check out the Natural Areas Learning Library for some great self-guided activities.
- Know before you go safety and recreation information.
- Trail Map
- Poudre River Management Plan
- Plant List for Salyer Natural Area Volunteers were critical in making the list possible, thank you!
- Salyer Natural Area is an Important Bird Area, learn more here.