Enjoy the ambiance of a green urban stream corridor at Fischer Natural Area! Fischer is along the Spring Creek Trail and next to Rolland Moore Park. Flickers, songbirds, raccoons and foxes are common residents- watch for them! This site was purchased by the City from Gene and MaryLynn Fischer in 1977 and named after them.
0.3 miles of the paved trail pass through the site (wheelchair accessible), linking Spring Creek Trail to Stuart Street.
5 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Park at Rolland Moore Park (entrance on Shields Street) and access Spring Creek Trail, turn north onto the spur that links to Stuart Street through Fischer Natural Area. Fischer's approximate address is 1309 West Stuart Street.
Events and Activities
- Free educational activities and events in June-October are listed in Tracks & Trails booklet guide.
- Would you like monthly activity updates, trail recommendations and more? Sign up for the Natural Areas electronic newsletter in the upper right corner of this page.
- Customized free educational programs at Fischer Natural Area are available for groups, call the Master Naturalist Program at 970-224-6118 or email c2tlbm5leUBmY2dvdi5jb20=
- Know before you go safety and recreation information.
- Plant List for Fischer Natural Area. Volunteers were critical in making the list possible, thank you! Questions or list additions? Please email Y3N0cm91c2VAZmNnb3YuY29t .
- Core Natural Areas Management Plan
- You can take an active role in the stewardship of Fischer Natural Area as an adopt-a-natural area volunteer through monthly litter pick-ups. This site is available for adoption!