Enjoy the ambiance of a green urban stream corridor at Fischer Natural Area! Fischer is along the Spring Creek Trail and next to Rolland Moore Park. Flickers, songbirds, raccoons and foxes are common residents- watch for them! This site was purchased by the City from Gene and MaryLynn Fischer in 1977 and named after them.
Fischer NA K Manderbach
0.3 miles of the paved trail pass through the site (wheelchair accessible), linking Spring Creek Trail to Stuart Street.
Park at Rolland Moore Park (entrance on Shields Street) and access Spring Creek Trail, turn north onto the spur that links to Stuart Street through Fischer Natural Area. The approximate address is 1309 West Stuart Street. Fischer Natural Area has no entrance fee.
Events and Activities#
- Find free educational activities and events year-round on the Events Calendar. Activities and events in June-October are also listed in the Natural Areas Explorer.
- Learn about special events and activities each month by subscribing to the Natural Areas e-newsletter.
- Check out the Natural Areas Learning Library for self-guided activities.
- Know before you go safety and recreation information.
- Special people have volunteered to take an active role in the stewardship of natural areas by doing monthly litter pick-ups. You can join the fun and adopt a natural area, too!
- Plant List for Fischer Natural Area. Volunteers were critical in making the list possible, thank you!
- Bird Checklist- Courtesy of Fort Collins Audubon Society
- Core Natural Areas Management Plan