Building News and Updates!#
Notice: New Processing Fees in effect August 1st
Starting August 1, 2021:
- Debit / credit card transactions: A new 2.75% debit/credit card transaction fee will be assessed on all credit card transactions processed with the Development Review Center.
- E-checks: E-checks are 50 cents. You may drop checks in our drop box on the northwest side of the building. The blue drop box is checked throughout the day
Covid-19 and Building Services#
In response to National, State, and Local Declarations of Emergency, we are temporarily changing how we provide our services. For more information on the City's coronavirus response, visit fcgov.com/coronavirus.
Development Review Center is open in a limited capacity committed to providing customer service:
Hours: Monday - Thursday: 9am-12 noon; 1-4 p.m. (closed 12-1pm).
- Virtual services are available, and we encourage you to use them if possible.
- NEW: please schedule an appointment for all in-person services (due to rising Coronavirus cases and limited on-site staff). Appointments can be scheduled by contacting a department from the contact list below. For Appointments:
- Enter the building using doors on College Avenue.
- Visitors are asked to follow directional signs posted inside.
- Visitors must wear a mask over the nose and mouth.
- Building Permits | BuildingServices@fcgov.com or 970-221-6760
- Submit permits by e-mail
- 30 min in-person permit application appointments can be scheduled (see hours and instructions above).
- Building Code Plan Review | firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-416-2757
- Zoning | email@example.com or 970-416-2745
- Development Review Coordinators | firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-221-6689
- Historic Preservation | email@example.com
- Planning | firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-416-4311
- Contractor Licensing | please submit electronically to email@example.com; payment will be collected over the phone at the time of processing
Building Services is happy to announce the completion of a new interactive GIS application for permits. Users will be able to search by address for current building permits, all building permits, and expired building permits. Once you locate an address, there are links to search for more information in Citizen Access and Public Records, enhancing the experience and functionality. We welcome you to try it and provide feedback on any improvements. Try the layer tab or the "filter building permits" tool under the home tab to further enhance your experience.
New State Requirement Effective January 1st 2020: Inspector verification of plumbing and electrical licenses in the field.