Open without issues.
Williams Natural Area provides wildlife habitat and is part of the Poudre Rivers natural corridor. The paved Poudre River Trail goes through the site. Williams provides drivers and trail visitors alike a respite from the urban environment near a busy intersection.
Nearest parking is at Mulberry/Lemay (Qdoba/Dairy Queen area), trail access from Poudre River Trail.
Activities and Events#
- Free educational activities and events in June-October are listed in the Natural Areas Explorer booklet guide.
- Last minute activity additions, trail recommendations and events offered between November-May are in our free monthly electronic newsletter- sign up on this page.
- Check out the Natural Areas Learning Library for some great self-guided activities.
- Know before you go safety and recreation information.
- Poudre River Natural Areas Management Plan
- Bird Checklist- Courtesy of Fort Collins Audubon Society
- Williams Natural Area is an Important Bird Area, learn more here.