River's Edge provides an opportunity to relax and enjoy the sights and sounds of the Cache La Poudre River. You might spot a red fox or deer, see a kingfisher or a mallard family float by. Rivers Edge Natural Area is part of a complex of parks and natural areas that create a natural green corridor along the river. Its a great natural escape just blocks from Downtown Fort Collins.
Parking at the west end of Woodlawn Drive (at approximately 300 Woodlawn Drive, Fort Collins); trail access from Lee Martinez Park and Salyer Natural Area.
Activities and Events#
- Free educational activities and events in June-October are listed in the Natural Areas Explorer booklet guide.
- Last minute activity additions, trail recommendations and events offered between November-May are in our free monthly electronic newsletter- sign up on this page.
- Free educational programs at River's Edge Natural Area are available for groups by request, call the Master Naturalist Program at 970-224-6118 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Know before you go safety and recreation information.
- Poudre River Natural Areas Management Plan
- Bird Checklist- Courtesy of Fort Collins Audubon Society
- Plant List for River's Edge Natural Area Volunteers were critical in making the list possible, thank you!
- River's Edge Natural Area is an Important Bird Area, learn more here.