River's Edge Natural Area
River's Edge provides an opportunity to relax and enjoy the sights and sounds of the Cache La Poudre River. You might spot a red fox or deer, see a kingfisher or a mallard family float by. Rivers Edge Natural Area is part of a complex of parks and natural areas that create a natural green corridor along the river. Its a great natural escape just blocks from Downtown Fort Collins.
0.1 mile soft surface
5:00 a.m. 11:00 p.m.
Parking at the west end of Woodlawn Drive (at approximately 300 Woodlawn Drive, Fort Collins); trail access from Lee Martinez Park and Salyer Natural Area.
Activities & Events
- Free educational activities and events in June-October are listed in Tracks & Trails booklet guide.
- Last minute activity additions, trail recommendations and events offered between November-May are in our free monthly electronic newsletter- sign up in the upper right-hand corner of this page.
- Free educational programs at River's Edge Natural Area are available for groups by request, call the Master Naturalist Program at 970-224-6118 or email c2tlbm5leUBmY2dvdi5jb20= .
- Know before you go safety and recreation information.
- River's Edge is adopted by Shayna Nashelsky, and Brandon Fiedler thank you! By picking up litter, volunteer adopters enhance habitat for wildlife and native plants while increasing fellow visitors' enjoyment.
- Poudre River Natural Areas Management Plan