River's Edge provides an opportunity to relax and enjoy the sights and sounds of the Cache La Poudre River. You might spot a red fox or deer, see a kingfisher or a mallard family float by. Rivers Edge Natural Area is part of a complex of parks and natural areas that create a natural green corridor along the river. Its a great natural escape just blocks from Downtown Fort Collins.
Parking at the west end of Woodlawn Drive (at approximately 300 Woodlawn Drive, Fort Collins); trail access from Lee Martinez Park and Salyer Natural Area. River's Edge Natural Area has no entrance fee or parking fee.
Activities and Events#
- Find free educational activities and events year-round on the Events Calendar. Activities and events in June-October are also listed in the Natural Areas Explorer.
- Learn about special events and activities each month by subscribing to the Natural Areas e-newsletter.
- Check out the Natural Areas Learning Library for self-guided activities.
- Know before you go safety and recreation information.
- Poudre River Natural Areas Management Plan
- Bird Checklist- Courtesy of Fort Collins Audubon Society
- Plant List for River's Edge Natural Area Volunteers were critical in making the list possible, thank you!
- River's Edge Natural Area is an Important Bird Area, learn more here.