Poudre River Whitewater Park
Located just north of Old Town, kayakers, tubers and kids of all ages can enjoy the Poudre River and all it has to offer. This park brought the river back to a more natural state, helps connect the river to downtown, provides safe access to the river, and improved the river floodplain.
Follow us on the progress of the park.
|Complete||Groundbreaking||August 23, 2018||Heritage Park||A groundbreaking event was hosted to mark the start of construction.|
|Complete||Estimated completion||September 2019||Poudre River Whitewater Park||Poudre River Whitewater Park will be open to the public.|
|Complete||Grand Opening||October 12, 2019, 10 a.m.-noon||Poudre River Whitewater Park||Learn from our partners about the design of the park and its significance to the River District. Also, explore the park in its entirety.|
In the News
- 4 CBS Denver: Fort Collins Opens New Whitewater Park On Poudre River
The most playful portion of the Poudre River redevelopment project on the north side of Fort Collins had its grand opening Saturday.
- Coloradoan: Fort Collins celebrates Poudre River Whitewater Park Grand Opening
The chilly fall weather didn't stop parkgoers — or kayakers — from attending the Poudre River Whitewater Park grand opening on Saturday.
- Reporter Herald: Poudre River Whitewater Park opens to the public Saturday
Fort Collins will open the new Poudre River Whitewater Park Saturday at 10 a.m. just north of Old Town.
The park offers new ways for the public to enjoy the Poudre River and ensure that it remains viable for years to come, according to Fort Collins Parks and Wildlife.
- Coloradoan: Poudre River Whitewater Park grand opening is Saturday
- Collegian: Poudre River Whitewater Park to open mid-September
The construction of Poudre River Whitewater Park, located just east of North College Avenue and north of Old Town, is almost complete.
- Coloradoan: What to expect when Fort Collins' Poudre River Whitewater Park opens next month
- 9News: $11 Million Fort Collins whitewater park set to open in September
Watch a story about the Poudre River Whitewater Park on 9News.
- North Forty News: Floaters take heed
“The Poudre River Whitewater Park will be an incredible addition to our city. It will offer a unique opportunity to experience the river in downtown,” ...
- Area-Info: Poudre River Whitewater Park on track to open this summer
Construction zone remains closed to the public. Anticipation is rising for the new Poudre River Whitewater Park, especially as spring runoff and sunny days tempt river-goers to rushing waters...
- Denver 7News: Old Town makeover in Fort Collins to include 'convertible' street
The city of Fort Collins has big plans to expand Old Town square all the way to the Poudre River....
- Coloradoan: Whitewater Park pedestrian bridge install
Watch the installation of the pedestrian bridge as it is added to the Poudre River Whitewater Park.
- Coloradoan: Fort Collins' Poudre Whitewater Park pedestrian bridge installed
Crews move the Graham Family Bridge, a pedestrian bridge spanning the Cache la Poudre River funded by a $1 million donation by Jack and Ginger Graham...
- Coloradoan: Poudre River fish kill likely unrelated to whitewater park construction
An unexplained fish kill on the Poudre River doesn't appear to be connected to Fort Collins' construction of a whitewater park a few miles upstream...
- Coloradoan: See the start of Fort Collins whitewater park construction
The contractor for the Fort Collins whitewater park is starting to lay the groundwork for building out the project...
- Coloradoan: Construction underway for downtown Fort Collins whitewater park
Usually, if a giant piece of construction equipment is in a river, some project manager would be readying words that wouldn't suit a church on a Sunday...
- Coloradoan: Industrial revolution, Fort Collins' urban whitewater park disguises restoration as recreation
A crest of concrete spans the water, sending it on a sloping cascade instead of the natural rolls expected of a river...
- Coloradoan: Water storage project NISP won't drain whitewater park, Fort Collins officials say
The Poudre River's water is more wanted than, well, a drink of water on a hot summer day...
- Coloradoan: Golden oars mark start of yearlong paddle toward Fort Collins whitewater park
Golden shovels — as impractical as they are for digging ditches — are even less useful for paddling kayaks...
- North Forty News: The Poudre Whitewater Park is so much more
Beginning in August, work will begin on a project referred to as The Poudre Whitewater Park...
- Collegian: City Council passes appropriation of $1.5 million into Poudre River Whitewater Park project
Fort Collins city councilmembers reviewed a total of 13 consent items and three discussion items during last night’s city council meeting, but the discussion of the Poudre River Whitewater Park Project was the biggest item discussed during the meeting...
- Coloradoan: Volunteers push for Poudre River kayak park project
Poudre Whitewater Park volunteers pledged $1 million to the project and have raised roughly $400K in private donations...
- What to expect when Fort Collins' Poudre River Whitewater Park opens next month