Contact Information Contact Information
Neighborhood Services E-newsletter Neighborhood Services E-newsletter
Check out our interactive portal for a venue to connect with other Fort Collins residents and City staff! Share what you love about your neighborhood and your ideas to make it even better!
Creating connected neighborhoods
Connected neighborhoods benefit the health and safety of their residents. The Neighborhood Connections program works to bring neighbors together within and across neighborhoods, building stronger connections while helping them better understand what City programs exist to support them and how to access them.
Neighborhood Connections does this by providing:
- No cost education on communication, collaboration, and the basics of neighboring
- Assistance planning and organizing a neighborhood event or gathering
- Grant funding to help make your gathering possible
- City staff present at your gathering upon request
And that's just the beginning.
What is Neighborhood Connections?
A program in two parts, designed to provide Fort Collins residents the resources they need to strengthen their neighborhood.
Part 1: Core Education
Free education on the subjects listed below and assistance planning and holding an event to bring your neighbors together. Topics include:
- The Basics of Neighboring
- Mindful neighboring
- Healthy, productive dialogues across cultural differences
- Communication tools
- The art of communication: The path to action
- Neighborhood events/gatherings and overview
Part 2: Continuing Education
Monthly educational classes on a variety of subjects. Look below to see a calendar of topics discussed, and feel free to come to as many as you like. All classes are free of charge and open to the public!
These are 9 (no cost) instruction hours held at various times over the year. Pick one that works for you! All classes offer free interpretation services upon request and free daycare upon request.
Each core class series will be held at a different location around Fort Collins. Note locations may change due to registration numbers.
2018 Class Schedule - Please check back for upcoming class schedules!
- Winter: 2 full day classes held on Saturday, January 27th and Saturday, February 3rd from 8:30am- 1:30pm with a 1/2 hour lunch break. Classes will be held at Aztlan Center, 112 E Willow Street, Fort Collins, CO 80524, in Eagle Room 3. Childcare will be offered in Monkey Room 3.
- Spring: Weekly classes every Tuesday afternoon for 6 weeks from 12-1:30pm. Beginning Tuesday April 3rd ending Tuesday May 8th. Classes will be held at 281 North College Ave, Fort Collins, CO, 80521, in Conference Room A-D
Are there different times that work better for you? Please let us know your recommendations! Schedules for upcoming years are flexible!
If you need translation services for the application, please contact Katherine Bailey at a2JhaWxleUBmY2dvdi5jb20=
Interested in participating but not ready to commit to the Core Education classes? Come to as many Continuing Education events as you'd like! They are all free and open to the public.
Continuing Education Class Calendar - keep checking back for updates and registration links!
Note this calendar is subject to change.
Keep checking back!
More ways to participate will be added shortly!
Want To Know About The History Of The Program?
See how we got here with Neighborhood Connections, including research about other communities around the country and their take on this program!