Promote a safe & welcoming neighborhood#
The best neighborhoods are welcoming and inclusive. Everyone deserves to feel safe, to feel included, to be seen. We believe that Fort Collins is a city of neighbors who look out for each other and whose kindness is a huge part of our community’s resilience.
Consider sharing a welcoming message in the window of your home, letting your LGBTQIA+ neighbors and others with diverse identities know that all are welcome on your block. Choose from these three free printables:
Directly Connecting with Your Street, Apartment Building, or Cul-de-sac#
These activities require some coordination, so you can get creative with invitations on NextDoor, handmade signs in your yard, or notes in your window.
- Driveway or front porch sing-along, dance party, or concert
- Pet parades or bike parades (with safe distances between participants)
- Driveway LEGO or chalk art competitions
- Online video chats with neighbors
- Outdoor or online dance parties (cue up a DJ, turn on a neighborhood video chat, and dance the night away in your living room)
- Curbside mocktail parties or coffee breaks
- Fun Friday costume parade (choose a different theme each week and hold a neighborhood walk about at the same time each Friday)