Residential Parking Permit Program (RP3)#
The Residential Parking Permit Program (RP3) is designed to make Fort Collins neighborhoods safe and pleasant places to live, work and attend school by managing/reducing on-street parking congestion. The program helps to provide close and convenient on-street parking for residents by reducing the volume and impact of non-resident vehicles in neighborhoods. It protects residential streets by using a system that limits parking in a neighborhood to only those residents and their guests with permits during the posted time limits and allows 2 hours of parking once a day for non-residents. Each neighborhood in the program has its own unique parking requirements, and solutions are tailored to each area to take into account the neighborhoods' particular needs.
Please contact Jamie Moyer in Parking Services for questions and comments: firstname.lastname@example.org | 970-416-2036.
Set Up Residential Permit Parking In Your Neighborhood#
The Residential Parking Permit Program (RP3) is voluntary and is only established in neighborhoods where residents request the program and there is a measurable parking problem. RP3’s may be created in neighborhoods where at least 70% of the total spaces are occupied.
The following steps will be followed before a RP3 can be implemented:
- Submit petition: A petition endorsed by ten (10) of the affected households must be submitted to Parking Services. The petition can be obtained from Parking Services or by downloaded from the City of Fort Collins website at www.fcgov.com/parking/residential-parking-permit. Completed petitions are to be turned in to Parking Services.
- City of Fort Collins will conduct a parking occupancy study: City verifies that a parking problem exists.
- Establish boundaries: City defines boundaries and other characteristics of the program for the neighborhood.
- Hold public meeting: The City sets up a public meeting for all owners, residents and businesses in the area in order to discuss program details and to solicit feedback.
- Voting on program: Only owners of property within the proposed boundary are eligible to vote. Each owner will receive one (1) vote, regardless of the number of housing units owned.
- Program information is sent to all residents and owners within the proposed permit boundary. The owner mailing will include a ballot for voting in favor or against the program.
Program enactment: A minimum of 50% of eligible voters/owners must participate for the vote to be valid.
- If more than 50% plus one (1) of residents are in favor of the program, then the implementation process will begin. The City will begin setting up the program including installing signs and processing requests for parking permits.
***NOTE Each zone is allowed a different number of permits per resident based on parking availability. Pricing is per household/unit.
- First vehicle: Free
- Second vehicle: $15.00
- Third vehicle: $40.00
- Fourth vehicle: $100.00
- Fifth vehicle: $200.00
Guest Permit Costs
- Guest permit for 24 hours or less: Free
- Guest permits 25 hours up to 15 days: $10.00
RP3 Parking Zones#
The purpose of RP3 is to increase the amount of on-street parking available to residents and their guests while balancing the needs of others who desire to park along the street.
Each neighborhood in the program has public parking limits that are unique to that area and take into account the neighborhoods’ particular needs.
Vehicles without a permit may park in zones where there is a time limit; they can only park in that zone once per day and may not re-park in that zone on the same day.
Zone 1 – Spring Court – two hour parking
Zone 2 – Sheely Subdivision – no two hour parking
Zone 3 – Mantz Subdivision – two hour parking
Zone 4 – Old Prospect Subdivision – two hour parking
Zone 5 – University North Subdivision – two hour parking
Zone 6 – Historic Fort Collins High School Neighborhood – two hour parking
Zone 7 – Old Town West Neighborhood – two hour parking
Zone 8 – University East – two hour parking
Zone 9 – Western Heights – two hour parking
Zone 10 – Lake Street – two hour parking
Zone 12 – East Side – two hour parking
All Zone Map