The fine for improper parking in an accessible space is $100.
Accessible Parking Spaces:
- Identifiable by the use of the "wheelchair" logo painted on the asphalt and/or posted signs.
- Reserved for those with a registered accessible parking permit or license plate.
- Require a properly-displayed permit (issued to an individual).
- The permit must be displayed on the dashboard or sun visor and can be moved from vehicle to vehicle.
Time Restricted Spaces:
- Vehicles displaying an accessible parking permit are not subject to the time limits in the downtown area.
Other Restricted Spaces:
- Vehicles displaying an accessible parking permit may NOT park in:
- Time restricted permit parking
- Loading areas and ramps
For more information on accessible parking please contact 970-221-6617.