New Building & Development Fees Take Effect January 1
Updated building and development review fees will take effect January 1, 2022. The new fees are available HERE.
After a multi-year process, the City is updating the approach to fee collection for both development review projects and building permits. As a result of the change in methodology, some fees will increase and others will decrease. Additional information on this fee update is provided HERE.
If you would like more information on how the new fee schedule relates to your project or have questions or concerns, please contact your assigned Development Review Coordinator or DRCoord@fcgov.com.
Important New Development Plan Submittal Info
An updated Development Review Guide is coming! Preview a draft of the new guide and check back soon as more information, resources, and contact information are added each step of the development review process.
What Development Fees Apply To My Proposal?#
At conceptual review or preliminary design review, your Development Review Coordinator will identify the type of development review application you'll need to submit. This will determine what fees apply. If you would like more information on how to estimate fees, please contact your assigned Development Review Coordinator or DRCoord@fcgov.com.
When Are Development Review Fees Due?#
Fees are due at the time of a formal submittal of a development review application. Including Project Development Plan, Final Development Plan, etc. The Development Review fee amount varies and is dependent on the project type. Please see the fee schedule below for more information.
There will be additional fees required by other departments at the time of permitting. Your Development Review Coordinator will help you determine which fees apply.
Payments can be made by check or credit card.
- Check: Make payable to City of Fort Collins. Mail to the Development Review Center, 281 N College Ave, Fort Collins, CO 80524, OR place in the blue drop box located at the west side of the building.
- Credit Card: Would be processed over the phone. Credit card payments include a convenience fee of 2% + $0.25 added to all payments under $2,500.00, and 2.75% added to all payments over $2,500.00.
The City of Fort Collins fee schedule is subject to change.
- Building Permit Fees: fcgov.com/building/permit-fees-and-taxes
- Engineering Fees: fcgov.com/engineering/devrev
- Fort Collins Utility Fees: fcgov.com/utilities/business/builders-and-developers/plant-investment-development-fees/