City Council regular meetings include the opportunity for both in-person and remote public participation.
There are three ways to participate:
- In person at City Hall
- Online via Zoom
- By phone
If you would like to submit written comment in advance, but not speak during the meeting, you can email City Council at CityLeaders@fcgov.com. If you are writing about a specific agenda item, please include that detail in the email subject line.
Sign Up to Participate
Anyone who wants to speak during the meeting, either during general public comment or during a specific agenda item discussion, should sign up in advance.
Please include the topic you wish to discuss, and use the dropdown to indicate whether you'd like to speak during general public comment (at the beginning of the meeting) or during the discussion item as it appears on the agenda.
In Person: The Mayor will call to the microphone individuals who have signed up to speak, in the order they have signed up, and will provide up to three minutes for them to address Council.
Online: After signing up to speak, join the Zoom meeting from your computer or mobile device after 5:50 p.m. on the day of the meeting. Click the Raise Hand button and leave it raised until called on to speak.
For assistance accessing the meeting online, review this detailed instruction guide. If you are encountering difficulties connecting to the meeting, please see Zoom's troubleshooting info.
Phone: After signing up to speak, call 346-248-7799, enter the Meeting ID: 982 4141 6497, and press *9 on your keypad.
Note: due to the broadcast delay and audio feedback, when joining by phone you should not watch the meeting on FCTV at the same time.
Public Comment Guidelines#
Everyone who wants to speak to Council, either during general public comment or during a specific agenda item discussion, should sign up in advance.
- Each speaker will only be allowed to speak one time during general Public Comment.
- If a speaker comments on a particular agenda item during the time for general public comment, that speaker may not also speak during discussion of the particular agenda item.
- Comments given during a specific agenda item must pertain to the item under consideration.
Public comment is not a question-and-answer session, and all comments should be addressed to the Council; not to individuals.
All speakers and audience members should treat everyone with respect and dignity, maintain a welcoming environment, and avoid actions that could be distracting, such as:
- cheering, booing or applause
- signs larger than 11"x17" or held in a way that blocks others' view
- audio or video recording that is distracting or obstructs others
- noise from phones or mobile devices, such as ringtones, notifications, alarms or conversations
Finally, please enter and exit the Council Chambers quietly if the meeting is in progress and take any conversations out to the lobby.