Junior Golf Program:
Junior Golf Lessons are designed to introduce and promote the game of golf to Junior golfers of all abilities. Our goal is to provide a fun and enjoyable learning environment that will stimulate interest in the game. Juniors will learn the importance of rules and etiquette, as well as the basics of the golf swing and the game. All areas of the game are taught, including putting, chipping, irons and woods.
- Make sure the child wants to do it, not just the parents.
- Don't send kids out too young. Make sure the child can hold a golf club securely and won't lose balance when they swing.
- Make sure that the instructor makes it fun.
- Make sure that any series of lessons provides instruction to all phases of the game.
- The size, strength, and age of a player doesn't matter.
- Don't expect too much too soon.
More Information (by Course):
City Park Nine Junior Program
Sign up for the Junior Golf Camp today! (1.6MB)
- Junior Travel Team representing City Park Nine plays competitive golf against other golf courses, with weekly qualifying to make the team.
Collindale Junior Program
Our Junior programs range from 2 hours (two sessions per week) to 10 hours (Monday - Friday, 2 hours a day). All programs are held under the direction of PGA Golf Professionals who teach full time, ensuring that your child will receive the best instruction available. Students will be grouped by age and specific skill level. Our programs will allow each student to learn at their own pace and develop the skills necessary to become an accomplished golfer.
Southridge Junior Program
- Junior Golf Lessons begin in early-June for Girls and Boys ages 5-17 with weeklong clinics for a minimum of three weeks. More clinics are added if those are filled.
- SouthRidge discounts Golf Lessons to Juniors 25% to 50% depending on whether private, semi-private, or group lessons. SouthRidge provides free loaner clubs if needed.
- Junior Travel Team representing SouthRidge plays competitive golf on the Northern Colorado Junior Golf Tour (NCJGT) against teams from other golf courses, with weekly qualifying to make the team. The NCJGT is being co-ordinated by SouthRidge Staff.
SouthRidge has a separate Junior bulletin board, and a special Junior Section with Junior merchandise such as clubs, bags, hats, shirts, shoes, gloves, etc.
- The Poudre School District Girls and Boys High School Golf Teams, and the Junior High School Club Teams, practice and play their tournaments/matches at all three City of Fort Collins Golf Courses.
- The Colorado State University Women's and Men's Golf Teams historically practiced and played golf at our City Golf Courses.