Sales Tax update
January sales tax collections are based on retail sales made in December 2009.
February sales tax information will be released on March 22.
- Sales Tax:
- $6,442,645, a decrease of 3.9 percent compared to January 2009. The January collections are $359,762 lower than the amount expected according to the sales tax seasonal patterns.
- Use Tax:
- $728,023, a decrease of 32.2 percent compared to January 2009. The City is below budget projections for the month by $100,699 when compared to historical data.
- National collections:
- January sales tax collections (from December retail sales) increased 5.9 percent compared to Fort Collins' decrease of 3.9 percent.
- Building permit collection:
- Decreased 73.9 percent
- Residential Permits pulled:
- 17, compared to 26 in January 2009. Remodels accounted for 56 permits. In January 2009 there were 42.
- Commercial Permits pulled:
- 22 permits for remodeling. In January 2009 one permit was pulled for new construction, 24 permits for remodeling.
- Sales Tax License:
- 38 net new licenses were issued.