Be A Good Steward: Protect & Respect Your Parks & Trails
Sidewalk Construction at Twin Silo Park
Construction crews are on-site in Twin Silo Park repairing sections of sidewalk. Please use caution while travel along the sidewalks and obey any barricades that are in place.
Sheldon Lake Ice Rink
In order for the ice rink area on Sheldon Lake to be safe to skate on, the ice needs to be 6" thick. Parks crews have been working on the ice rink area to get ice 6" thick; so it can be open for people to skate safely.
Parks crews are hopeful to have the ice rink area open in the very near future; however, with warm temperatures and wind the safety of the ice can change quickly; and the rink can be open in the morning and closed by the afternoon.
There is a banner that can be seen from Mulberry, which will indicate if the ice rink is open or closed, and you are welcome to call the Parks Front Office at 970-221-6660 Monday-Friday (8am-5pm) to check the status of the ice rink.
If the ice rink is closed, Parks ask that you respect the closure and do not enter the ice.
The rink is free to use, but people need to bring their own skates.
The City of Fort Collins Parks Department is moving forward with efforts to renovate the playground at Lee Martinez Park. Input from a community survey and interviews with key stakeholders, such as The Farm and The Fort Collins Museum of Discovery, influenced the playground theme and design elements within the playground. Lee Martinez Park is set to undergo playground renovations in late spring or early summer of 2018, and will include the following:
- Shade structures will be incorporated throughout the playground, and play features will be oriented to take advantage of natural shade and existing trees.
- Nature themed details will be incorporated into playground equipment to contribute to a unique play experience. These details will feature: wave climbers, cattail spinners, fish spring rides, learning panels, leaf wobble pods, log bench and climbr, and rock climbers.
- A 50-foot zip line with dual bays, will allow for racing and game play. One bay will feature a seat to assist children with limited upper/lower body strength.
- A play house and canoe will be in the sand play area. This play house, for ages under 2, was developed with guidance from the National Head Start Association and Too Small to Fail, the activities and messaging of this play area will prompt adult-child conversations and support whole-child learning across key developmental domains.
- A challenge circuit will keep children moving, challenge their balance, coordination, upper, lower, and core body strength.
With this renovation, the number of play components offered will more than doubled, and include enhanced opportunities for children with disabilities to engage. Renovations are predicted to be finalized by fall 2018. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Parks Department at 970.221.6660, cGFya3Nob3BAZmNnb3YuY29t
Park Hours: 5:00 AM to 11:00 PM
For Park questions or to make reservations:
Please contact the Parks Department at 970.221.6660 or cGFya3Nob3BAZmNnb3YuY29t. Park offices are located at 413 S. Bryan Avenue, Office hours are Mon.-Fri., 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you have an urgent park related situation after hours, please call call 970.219.3450. If you have an emergency please call 911.
For Concerns Requiring Corrective Action (i.e., graffiti, vandalism, safety, etc.)
Please use Access Fort Collins
Your Parks. Our Passion.
Our parks and trails help define the Fort Collins lifestyle. Fort Collins currently has 875 acres of developed park land including 6 community parks and 42 neighborhood/pocket parks. Over 35 miles of paved trails connect our community.
We're passionate about providing you world class parks and trail. The Parks Department maintains parks, cemeteries, trails, medians and other public grounds for the community. We aim to provide you a clean, safe and attractive environment to enjoy.
If you would like to know more about public events and races happening in the Parks, along the Trails and throughout City streets, check out the Public Events Calendar. You can subscribe to the calendar for updates and add specific events to your own calendar.
Access Fort Collins
Receive a quick response to your question or concern by using Access Fort Collins - it's easy. You can also use it to let us know how we're doing.
We care just as much about the product we deliver as the people who deliver it. Our goals are to promote professional development, safety and wellness, service to our community and a lasting legacy of stewardship and camaraderie.
- Operational Excellence
- Excellent care for parks and public spaces for the community.
Physical Address: 413 South Bryan Ave, Fort Collins, CO 80521
Normal Business Hours: Office Hours: 8:00am-5:00pm M-FClosed Holidays