Private Activity Bonds#
ATTENTION: For 2021 PAB Assignment Requests
Please notify Sue Beck-Ferkiss no later than March 1 of your request for PAB by emailing her at email@example.com with your project name, the amount of PAB you will be requesting and whether you have pending or confirmed requests from other jurisdictions. We would like to share this information with all applicants to increase transparency in the process and to allow for collaboration and discussions on timing of projects. This will help applicants determine the best timing to seek the City’s PAB allocation.
Process for Private Activity Bonds#
Private Activity Bonds can be used to leverage funding programs for the development of Affordable Housing. Because this tool is becoming more popular, the City is moving from a first come first served process to an application process for the assignment or issuance of this tax exempt bond capacity. See attached Full Private Activity Bond Finance Policy. Applications must be submitted by March 15th and shall include the following elements:
- Request letter describing project and providing applicant’s contact information
- Amount requested
- Bond counsel contact information
- Description of applicant’s local projects and history of operations
- Number of years doing business in the State of Colorado and a Certificate of Good Standing from the Secretary of State’s office
- Description of assets to be purchased or constructed
- Explanation of how the project aligns with City objectives
- Number of housing units and target demographics
- Statement from bond council that project is eligible for Private Activity Bonds
- Additional information is required to issue bonds rather than assigning bond capacity.
For more information, Contact Sue Beck-Ferkiss at firstname.lastname@example.org or 221-6753.