LGBTQ+ Task Force
In May 2016, the City formed an LGBTQ+ committee composed of City staff and two community liaisons. The goal of the is to ensure our LGBTQ+ community is safe, valued and affirmed within the City organization and community at large.
To that end, we have established a Police Services liaison; attended collaborative meetings with Poudre School District, Northern Colorado Equality, and One Colorado to help support transgender students in the school district; issued a proclamation for Pride Month 2016; and are currently reviewing the City's purchasing procedures to ensure LGBT and gender identity are covered in all relevant non-discrimination clauses.
The committee is also working closely with the Human Rights Campaign to elevate our municipal rating.
- City Staff
- Clint Andrews, Co-Chair, IT | Y2FuZHJld3NAZmNnb3YuY29t
- Rachel McKinney, Co-Chair, Utilities | cm1ja2lubmV5QGZjZ292LmNvbQ==
- Tina Bolton, IT
- Renee Davis, Utilities
- Janet Freeman, Social Sustainability
- Amy Lewin, FC Moves
- Lucien Meadows, Museum of Discovery
- Meaghan Overton, Community Development and Neighborhood Services
- Police Services, LGBTQ+ Liaison
- Olivia Terrell, IT
- Heidi Wagner, Utilities
- Community Liaisons
- Kimberly Chambers, Founder, Northern Colorado Equality and Northern Colorado Pride
- Alma Vigo-Morales, Diversity Solutions Group