Timberline Recycling Center
The Environmental Services Department would like feedback on usage of the Hard-To-Recycle Materials Yard at the Timberline Recycling Center. Let us know how we’re doing by taking a short questionnaire.
Location and Hours of Operation
Volunteers are available - in the general recycling area only - with the following schedule to help with unloading or answer any questions you might have, unless there is inclement weather (below freezing, blowing snow or high winds).
View volunteer schedule (Last updated: )
- Seven days/week, 365 days/year, during daylight hours
- Regular Hours: Tues-Sat 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Winter Hours (Nov 1 – Mar 31): Tues-Sat 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Holidays Observed: Independence Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve (Closes at Noon), Christmas Day, New Year’s Day
Everyday Recycling Drop-off Site: Materials & Guidelines
The City accepts common recyclables like cardboard, paper, mixed bottles/cans, and glass at the everyday recycling drop-off site for no charge.
While this site accepts paper that has already been shredded, PLEASE NOTE - THIS SITE DOES NOT OFFER SHREDDING SERVICES
Hard to Recycle Materials Yard ($5 facility use fee)
There is a $5 facility use fee charged for hard to recycle items (additional fees apply for e-waste and organic debris).
Cash, checks, or credit cards are accepted.
Note that this area is closed on Sundays and Mondays
Give the gift of recycling! Stop by the gatehouse at the Timberline Recycling Center's Hard-to-Recycle Materials Yard to buy certificates for a complimentary entrance
TRC FAQs, Volunteer Opportunities and Informative Video
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Watch a video about recycling in Fort Collins at the Timberline Recycling Center