Waste Reduction and Recycling Assistance Program (WRAP)#
Not sure how to go about starting or improving a recycling or compost program?
The City of Fort Collins Environmental Services Department works with businesses and apartment complexes looking to start or increase recycling or composting.
What WRAP Provides#
All resources are provided free of charge.
- On-Site Assessments: To help start a new recycling program or improve an existing program.
- Communication Materials: Informational recycling guidelines posters are available. We are happy to provide you with enough copies to distribute to your current residents or employees and new residents or employees as they arrive. The poster is also available in a laminated or metal format for indoor and outdoor use. We also have a variety of stickers and decals to help residents differentiate recycling and trash bins. Having issues with illegal dumping in your current trash bins? We also provide free metal "No Dumping” signs as a deterrent.
- In-Person Education: We can provide hands-on training to residents and staff when starting new recycling programs, and to help reduce contamination and issues with recycling programs.
Rebates: for business and multi-family complexes starting a new compost program.
- Service Rebate – 50% rebate on your first six months of recycling or compost service when you sign up for one year of service (up to $500 per applicant, does NOT apply for businesses required to compost).
- Start-up Costs Rebate – 75% rebate on items such as indoor recycling bins or other start-up costs (up to $250 per applicant)”
- Start Composting
For additional information, to schedule an on-site assessment, or to receive a rebate application, contact Caroline Mitchell at 970-221-6288 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Recycling Ordinance#
The Community Recycling Ordinance was unanimously approved by Fort Collins City Council in September 2016. It includes changes to both residential, multi-family, and business waste disposal and recycling. The new code includes:
- Required recycling service for all multi-family and businesses by the end of June 2021
- Mandatory composting for all grocers
- Service surcharges on residential trash / recycling bills
- Seasonal yard trimmings collection for residential customers