Contact Information Contact Information
Halligan and NISP Halligan and NISP
Receive Periodic Email Updates Receive Periodic Email Updates
Draft Environmental Impact Statement (EIS)
The draft EIS and Conceptual Mitigation Plan for the Halligan Water Supply Project are now available for public comment. Both documents are available online and physical copies are available at the following locations:
- Colorado State University Morgan Library, 1201 Center Ave., Fort Collins, CO 80523
- Poudre River Public Library District - Old Town Library, 201 Peterson St., Fort Collins, CO 80524
- Poudre River Public Library - Harmony Library, 4616 S. Shields St., Fort Collins, CO 80526
- University of Northern Colorado, James A. Michener Library, 14th Ave. and 20th St., Greeley, CO 80639
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Denver Regulatory Office, 9307 S. Wadsworth Blvd., Littleton, CO 80128
A public hearing was held Jan. 13.
All written comments to be considered for the official record on the draft EIS must be submitted by email to TldPLkhhbGxpZ2FuRUlTQHVzYWNlLmFybXkubWls or by mail to:
Mr. Cody Wheeler
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Denver Regulatory Office
9307 S. Wadsworth Blvd.
Littleton, CO 80128
All comments must be submitted by Feb. 26, 2020.
NOTE: This date reflects a 30-day extension from the Corps.
Halligan Reservoir is an existing reservoir on the North Fork of the Poudre River, 25 miles northwest of Fort Collins.
If approved, the Halligan Water Supply Project will enlarge Halligan Reservoir by approximately 8,100 acre-feet to meet the demand of future Fort Collins Utilities' water customers and provide increased reliability for existing customers to help protect against service interruptions related to prolonged drought and emergencies.
The project will help:
- Provide a storage reserve for emergency water supply disruptions
- Increase drought security
- Improve water system reliability and flexibility
- Meet future water demands of the Fort Collins Utilities' water service area
Currently, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (Corps) is working on a draft Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) before making a final permitting decision on if Halligan Reservoir can be expanded.
The draft EIS was released Friday, Nov. 22.
The City of Fort Collins released a Conceptual Mitigation Plan for public comment and review with the draft EIS.
Fort Collins Utilities has updated the cost estimate for the Halligan Water Supply Project.