Increases Reliability and Resiliency
- Provides a storage reserve for emergency water supply.
- Increases drought security.
- Improves water system reliability and flexibility.
- Meets future water demands of the Fort Collins Utilities' water service area.
- Uses an existing reservoir.
- Small in size (only 130 additional acres inundated).
- No pumping, pretreatment or added infrastructure is needed to use water.
- Improves conditions on the North Fork of the Poudre River.
The project is currently the most cost-effective option to meet Fort Collins Utilities' water storage and supply needs. Other water sources could cost much more. We evaluate the cost-effectiveness of the project at each milestone, ensuring it is the best course of action for the cost.