Contact Information Contact Information
Natural Area eNews Natural Area eNews
Nature in the City Dream it Up: Planning Grants
Nature in the City would like to help you and your community create more access to nature and improve wildlife habitat throughout Fort Collins. Up to $5,000 can be awarded to support your local community’s planning project.
Dream it Up: Planning grants can help groups form win-win partnerships, discover and overcome early challenges, and gain input and buy-in from the community it will serve. Additionally planning grants improve the quality of projects and the ease of implementation. An expected outcome might be a professional, community-approved landscape plan for your dream project.
Timeline for applications:
- Applications are open Sept 15, 2020
- Applications are due before 11:59 pm Nov 2, 2020
- Announce awardees by Dec 15, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who Should Apply?
- Home Owner Associations
- Faith-based organizations
- Mobile-home communities
- Committed community members with creative project ideas
- What Types of Projects Qualify?
Nature in the City can fund a wide variety of projects. Get creative with it! Some ideas include:
- Native-habitat gardens
- Turf conversions
- Nature play areas
- Outdoor classrooms/gathering spaces
- Mini habitat/pollinator restorations
- Your unique ideas!
Check out some of the past projects here!
- What is Eligible for Funding?
- Projects within the Fort Collins growth management area
- Landscape designer to create plans
- Limited outreach supplies (e.g. snacks, maps, flip charts and pens for brainstorming meetings)
- Feasibility study (i.e. a process that explores the options and costs)
- Completing a minor amendment through the City's Zoning Department for your project (planning or implementation phase)
- What is NOT Eligible for Funding?
- What Materials Do I Need When Applying?