Nature in the City Granting Opportunities#
Nature in the City will provide an opportunity to apply for Make it Happen: Implementation Grants in the fall of 2021, and further planning efforts in fall 2022. Below is more information about both types of granting opportunities.
Dream it Up: Planning grants can help groups form win-win partnerships, discover and overcome early challenges, and gain input and buy-in from the community it will serve. Additionally planning grants improve the quality of projects and the ease of implementation. An expected outcome might be a professional, community-approved landscape plan for your dream project.
Make it Happen: Implementation grants help fund the installation of community projects that bring more wildlife habitat and access to nature into our community. This grant cycle will open September 1, 2021 with applications due by October 20, 2021.
To see what types of projects have been funded in the past, see Nature in the City's Community Projects page.
Awarded Dream it Up: Planning Grants#
The Nature in the City evaluation committee was inspired with all the ideas the Fort Collins community submitted for the 2021 Dream it Up: Planning Grants!
This year’s planning grant cycle attracted over 20 project ideas requesting more than $73,000. Nature in the City is funding 11 planning projects at just under $35,000. These project ideas range from pollinator alleyways to neighborhoods working together to add pollinator and bird friendly gardens, natural play and relaxation areas into their shared spaces.
In the fall of 2021, an opportunity to apply to help Make it Happen: Implementation Grants will allow these planned or other new projects to seek funding assistance for 2022. Keep a watch on this website for announcements in late summer and early fall.
Frequently Asked Questions#
- Home Owner Associations
- Faith-based organizations
- Mobile-home communities
- Committed community members with creative project ideas
Nature in the City can fund a wide variety of projects. Get creative with it! Some ideas include:
- Native-habitat gardens
- Turf conversions
- Nature play areas
- Outdoor classrooms/gathering spaces
- Mini habitat/pollinator restorations
- Your unique ideas!
Check out some of the past projects here!
- Projects within the Fort Collins growth management area
- Landscape designer to create plans
- Limited outreach supplies (e.g. snacks, maps, flip charts and pens for brainstorming meetings)
- Feasibility study (i.e. a process that explores the options and costs)
- Completing a minor amendment through the City's Zoning Department for your project (planning or implementation phase)