Power Trail and Harmony Road Grade-Separated Crossing Project
The Engineering Department and FC Moves are conducting a Pedestrian and Bicycle Grade-Separated Prioritization Study. As part of the study, the Power Trail at Harmony Road was identified as a high priority. Currently, Power Trail users use neighborhood streets on both sides of Harmony, crossing Harmony at McMurry Avenue.
- Improve safety and convenience for trail users
- Reduce number of pedestrians and bicyclists crossing Harmony Road at grade
- Provide aesthetically pleasing solution
The City and design consultant are moving forward with preliminary design of a pedestrian underpass between the railroad tracks and innovation drive. Design will include completing the missing Power Trail segments north and south of Harmony Road.
In 2015 a 10-year quarter-cent tax renewal, Community Capital Improvement Program (CCIP), was passed by voters. Part of the tax is dedicated to bike and pedestrian grade-separated crossings. Funding for the Power Trail and Harmony Road project has been identified from CCIP and a federal Transportation Alternatives Program grant.
- Feasibility Study: 2018-2019
- Preliminary Design: 2020
- Final Design: Dependent on construction schedule
- Construction: Dependent on funding availability
Caleb Feaver, City Project Manager, 970-416-4229, Y2ZlYXZlckBmY2dvdi5jb20=