Climate Action Newsletter Climate Action Newsletter
Apply to Join the CAP Community Advisory Committee by September 25!
As the City updates its Climate Action Plan, Energy Policy, and Road to Zero Waste Plans, one of the key guiding themes for this work is equity and inclusion. Existing CAC members have identified the need for this group to become more representative of Fort Collins’ demographics as we apply equity and inclusion to these planning processes.
Staff is recruiting an additional 3-4 members that can serve on the CAC (see criteria below) and offer the following perspectives: persons of color; individuals 29 and younger; individuals living in a household whose income is under $69,102 a year; indigenous community members; and those who have not yet obtained a bachelor’s degree.
What is the purpose of the CAP CAC?
The Community Advisory Committee (CAC) launched in 2015 to advise City staff on the development of the 2020 CAP Strategic Plan and to provide feedback as the community works to achieve our greenhouse gas reduction goals. The CAC consists of residents who provide diverse perspectives, social networks, and expertise that is critical for successful implementation of the CAP. The CAC is responsible for providing insight on the planning and implementation of the 2020, 2030 and 2050 climate action goals and associated initiatives. Their perspectives are shared with City Council and the teams exploring potential action items that reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- View 2016 Meeting Docs
- Feedback to Council
- View 2017 Meeting Docs
- Stacey Baumgarn, Colorado State University
- Evelyn Carpenter, Solas Energy Consulting
- Todd Dangerfield, Downtown Development Authority
- Scott Denning, Colorado State University
- Javier Echeverria Diaz, Motherlove Herbal Company
- Ann Hutchison, Fort Collins Area Chamber
- Fred Kirsch, Community for Sustainable Energy
- Steve Kuehneman, Care Housing
- Rose Lew, Fort Collins Sustainability Group
- Lisa Leveillee, First National Bank
- Ben Lucas, Learfield/CSU Athletics
- Sheble McConnellogue, Northern Colorado Clean Cities
- Dawn Paepke, Kaiser Permanente
- Todd Parker, Waypoint Real Estate
- Amanda Probst, Homeschooling Mom
- Jean Runyon, Front Range Community College
- Bruno Sobral, One Health Institute, CSU
- Patrick Shyvers, Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)
- Dimitris Stevis, Colorado State University
- Trudy Trimbath, Poudre School District
- Dana Villeneuve, New Belgium Brewing
The Community Advisory Committee generally meets once a quarter and on an as needed basis. Below are the meeting dates for 2019 and all meetings take place from noon - 2:30pm. Meeting times are also posted on the City calendar.
- February 7th (300 Laporte, CIC Room)
- May 30th (300 Laporte, CIC Room)
- August 16th (300 Laporte, CIC Room) *This is a special meeting to discuss the proposed climate emergency resolution and will be from 2 to 3pm
- August 29th (300 Laporte, CIC Room)
- October 24th (222 Laporte, Colorado River Room)