Climate Action Newsletter Climate Action Newsletter
Join the CAP Community Advisory Committee - Applications Due Jan 18
Are you interested in joining the Climate Action Plan (CAP) Community Advisory Committee (CAC)? The CAP CAC meets quarterly and is a group of community members advising city staff on the planning and implementation of climate action initiatives. For 2019, staff is recruiting an additional 3-4 members to ensure a continued cross-section of residents, businesses, and other community stakeholders are engaged. If you are interested in serving on this committee, please complete and submit this application by January 18. If you have any questions, please contact Katy McLaren at 970.221.6317 or a21jbGFyZW5AZmNnb3YuY29t.
Wondering how you can do your part to help save money and energy? Take Two! Take two actions today and join thousands of City residents who already pledged to replace four lightbulbs with energy-saving LEDs and to take one trip a week car-free.
There are so many reasons to Take2!
- Making the LED switch can save you $193 annually
- Leaving the car at home for just one trip a week can save you $238 annually
If the Fort Collins’ Community completes these TWO changes, we can collectively save Fort Collins: $9,543,400, and 25,000,000 lbs in CO2 Emissions, equivalent to removing over 2,400 cars from the road for a year!
Want to do more?
Thank you for helping us with the Take Two campaign this year! The pledge has ended but here are some ideas if you want to do more! These energy efficiency and transportation actions are great next steps.
Energy Efficiency Actions
- Install and program a WIFI Thermostat
- Use advanced power strips for entertainment centers and equipment
- Set power management on monitors, computers, and other appliances and consumer products
- Request a home assessment for comprehensive envelope and equipment upgrades through Efficiency Works – Home
Want to know more about the City’s commitment to climate action?