Community Canopy Program Sold Out
The 2023 Community Canopy Program is officially sold out!
Thank you for your continued support of this program and for enhancing the tree canopy of Fort Collins.
Community Canopy Program#
Through a partnership with the Arbor Day Foundation's Community Canopy program, 1,000 trees will be provided to residents within Fort Collins' Growth Management Area for $25 each. These trees will help homeowners lower energy costs, filter air and water, reduce stormwater runoff, slow climate change, and green our neighborhoods.
2023 Program Details
- Monday, August 7 at 8 a.m. - Trees available for purchase online - SOLD OUT!
- Saturday, September 9 - Tree pick-up event; pick-up time will be selected during the purchase transaction
Common Name Tree Type Cherry, Montmorency Fruit Tree Cherry, North Star Fruit Tree Apricot, Pioneer Chinese Fruit Tree Plum, Stanley Fruit Tree Apple, Honeycrisp Fruit Tree Apple, Cortland Fruit Tree Apple, Haralred Fruit Tree Maple, HOTWINGS® Tatarian (Tree Form) Ornamental Tree Crabapple, Radiant (pink) Ornamental Tree Crabapple, Spring Snow (white) Ornamental Tree Crabapple, Thunderchild (pink) Ornamental Tree Ironwood Ornamental Tree Chokecherry, Sucker Punch Ornamental Tree Maple, Sensation Shade Tree Maple, Flashfire® Caddo Sugar Shade Tree Catalpa, Western Shade Tree Yellowwood, American Shade Tree Ginko, Magyar Shade Tree Honeylocust, Skyline Shade Tree Tulip Tree, Emerald City® Shade Tree London Planetree, Exclamation Shade Tree Cottonwood, Sargent Straight Plains Shade Tree Oak, Heritage® Shade Tree Oak, Shumard Shade Tree Oak, Autumn Red Chinkapin Shade Tree Oak, Bur 'Bullet Proof' Shade Tree Linden, American Shade Tree Elm, Princeton American Shade Tree Elm, Accolade® Shade Tree Elm, Triumph Shade Tree Sweetgum 'Mountain Avenue' Shade Tree
How It Works#
- Beginning on August 7 at 8 a.m., a link will be posted on this website to Arbor Day Foundation's tree purchase platform. On the tree purchasing platform, an online tool will be used to determine the ideal location to plant a new tree in your yard. This tool will also estimate the annual savings that result from the tree over time and will also allow you to purchase your tree.
- Residents of the Fort Collins Growth Management Area may reserve three trees per household and are expected to plant them in the location provided by the online tool and provide ongoing care.
- The 5-10 foot trees will be available at a pick-up event on Saturday, September 9 from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. for those who have made tree reservations. Pick-up times will be selected during tree purchase.
- Unclaimed trees will be donated if not claimed by September 23, 2023.
- The Community Canopy Program reservation site will remain active until all 1,000 trees are reserved.
Partnerships and Collaboration#
Thank you to our partners for making this program possible.
- Nature in the City
- Arbor Day Foundation
- Fort Collins Wholesale Nursery