Community Canopy Program Trees SOLD OUT
$25 trees for the Community Canopy Program are no longer available at this time. We will make updates to this page if a waitlist becomes available. If you'd like to keep up to date with future promotions with the Arbor Day Foundation please consider including your contact information on the link below.
Community Canopy Program
Through a partnership with the Arbor Day Foundation's Community Canopy program, we are providing 200 trees to residents of Fort Collins for $25 each. These trees will help homeowners in our community lower energy costs, filter air and water, reduce stormwater runoff, slow climate change, and green our neighborhoods.
How It Works
- Use the online tool to determine the location in your yard to plant your new tree for maximum savings on your energy bill. This tool will also estimate the annual savings that will result from the tree and also allow you to place your reservation.
- Residents may reserve one tree per household and are expected to plant them in the location provided by the online tool, as well as provide ongoing care.
- The Community Canopy Program will continue until all 200 trees are reserved.
- The 2-4 foot trees will be available at a pickup event on Saturday, May 18 for those who have made tree reservations.
There are only 200 trees, so act quickly. Reserve your tree today and you will:
- Receive one 5-gallon tree for only $25 (the City will cover the rest of the cost).
- Increase canopy cover to anticipate for future tree losses from imported invasive insect pests or diseases.
- Do your part and help benefit the whole community.
Trees provide many benefits, such as:
- Provide shade and reduce energy costs.
- Reduce our Carbon footprint.
- Improve air quality.
- Intercept stormwater runoff.
- Increase our property values.
- Increase quality of life, aesthetics, and economic health.
Partnership and Collaboration
Thank you to our partners for making this program possible.
- Nature in the City
- Community Development and Neighborhood Services Department
- Climate Action Plan Team
- Arbor Day Foundation