Retail Marijuana Application Forms
Applications for new retail marijuana licenses are filed with the Colorado Marijuana Enforcement Division (MED). The MED will collect an application fee (split into two checks: one to the Department of Revenue, the other to the City of Fort Collins) and send a copy of the application to the City of Fort Collins.
Applications for transfer of ownership of an existing license are also filed with the MED. However, the MED does not collect the local application fee.
Below are local forms needed to complete an application for a retail marijuana business. A complete application packet will consist of forms provided by the MED, as well as local forms. All forms must be signed and notarized as indicated.
All other types of applications are filled independently with the MED, and with the City.
Marijuana Business License Submittal Requirements (READ FIRST)
Letter of Intent (required prior to all applications)
As of November 1, 2019, there has been a change in collecting ownership information. This change is aligned with Colorado House Bill 19-1090 and the state Marijuana Enforcement Division's rules for collecting ownership information for marijuana businesses. The Marijuana Enforcement Division released some guidelines to assist with the ownership change process. The City of Fort Collins is currently working on the new process and will update the website when it is ready. Please reach out to the licensing coordinator if you have questions. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Additional Application Materials for Retail License (new or transfer of ownership)
Zoning Report - Please print in color
- Manager Registration
- Change in Ownership
- Modification of Premises
- Change of Location
- Trade Name Change
- Renewal Retail Application
- Provide any legal advice, including whether or not a business model may or may not work in Fort Collins. Please read the state and local laws and consult your own attorney.
- Make recommendations regarding the purchase of marijuana from particular businesses.
- Direct you to owners that may be interested in selling their business(es).