Retail Marijuana Application Forms#
Applications for new retail marijuana licenses are filed with the Colorado Marijuana Enforcement Division (MED). The MED will collect an application fee (split into two checks: one to the Department of Revenue, the other to the City of Fort Collins) and send a copy of the application to the City of Fort Collins.
Applications for transfer of ownership of an existing license are also filed with the MED. However, the MED does not collect the local application fee.
Below are local forms needed to complete an application for a retail marijuana business. A complete application packet will consist of forms provided by the MED, as well as local forms. All forms must be signed and notarized as indicated.
All other types of applications are filled independently with the MED, and with the City.
Marijuana Business License Submittal Requirements (READ FIRST)
Letter of Intent (required prior to all applications)
Please review the Zoning Website first about your proposed marijuana property before submitting an application.
For more detailed information about zoning restrictions, visit our interactive zoning map.
The City Clerk's office is requesting all license applications to be submitted via email during this health crisis. Please email Talisa (Tee) Gula-Yeast for more information about submitting a license application via email.
Payments for applications are submitted through the mail (USPS). Please mail a check or money order payable to the City of Fort Collins. Attention: City Clerk's Office: 300 LaPorte Ave, Fort Collins, CO 80521.
Questions about payments: please call Clerk's Office @ 970-221-6515.
Zoning Report - Please print in color
A marijuana business may decide to surrender its license at any time. In order to complete this process, please follow the steps below.
1. Complete the affidavit form.
2. Submit the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Set up a final inspection with the marijuana enforcement officer (Officer Lenderts) to verify no product is at the premises. Please also coordinate with the Marijuana Enforcement Division licensing office).
4. Your license status will be updated to reflect the surrender. The Clerk's office will notify the Marijuana Licensing Authority of the surrender.
- Provide any legal advice, including whether or not a business model may or may not work in Fort Collins. Please read the state and local laws and consult your own attorney.
- Make recommendations regarding the purchase of marijuana from particular businesses.
- Direct you to owners that may be interested in selling their business(es).