Skip to main content

COVID-19 Information

Visit for current updates. Para integrantes de la comunidad:


Medical Marijuana Application Forms#

Below are forms needed to complete a variety of applications related to a medical marijuana business. The City of Fort Collins strives to use forms provided by the Colorado Marijuana Enforcement Division (MED) whenever possible. Additional local forms are provided here. All forms must be signed and notarized as indicated.

Marijuana Business License Submittal Requirements (READ FIRST

Letter of Intent (required prior to all applications)

Please review the Zoning Website first about your proposed marijuana property before submitting an application. 

For more detailed information about zoning restrictions, visit our interactive zoning map.

The City Clerk's office is requesting all license applications to be submitted via email during this health crisis.  Please email Talisa (Tee) Gula-Yeast for more information about submitting a license application via email.

Payments for applications are submitted through the mail (USPS). Please mail a check or money order payable to the City of Fort Collins. Attention: City Clerk's Office: 300 LaPorte Ave, Fort Collins, CO 80521. 

Questions about payments: please call Clerk's Office @ 970-221-6515.

Application for a New Licensehighlight_off
Application for Transfer of Ownershiphighlight_off
Modification of Premiseshighlight_off
Change of Locationhighlight_off
Trade Name Changehighlight_off
Change of Ownership (including Exemptions i.e. change Entity Type; Change Legal Name, % of Owners)highlight_off
Manager Registrationhighlight_off
Renewal Medical Applicationhighlight_off
Surrender a Marijuana Business Licensehighlight_off

A marijuana business may decide to surrender its license at any time. In order to complete this process, please follow the steps below.

1. Complete the affidavit form.

2. Submit the completed form to

3. Set up a final inspection with the marijuana enforcement officer (Officer Lenderts) to verify no product is at the premises. Please also coordinate with the Marijuana Enforcement Division licensing office).

4. Your license status will be updated to reflect the surrender. The Clerk's office will notify the Marijuana Licensing Authority of the surrender.